• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Shaman and Enchanter invisibly command from MA (1 Viewer)

RedCents
210¢
Hello, im trying to find the commands to cast regular group AA invisibility with my shaman and IVU AA with my enchanter. I was hoping to have them overlap or cast the same time. Is there a command i can input (from Main Assist) to do this with chat commands. Im horrible with code. But love this program. Hope i posted this to right place. Im good at following directions though. Thanks.

Last edited:
Solution
If you are using Dannet - Make an invis hotkey with these two lines

/dex BobtheCleric /alt activate 1212
/dex WiztheWizard /alt activate 1210

Use whatever AA number you want for the Invis
I have a hard time sending the command from main toon so I skip over to shaman probably a lag thing.
I am probably not doing it right but from the shammy I send the command to cast invis and as soon as it starts I hit invis on shammy. May take a time or 2 to get it to land on all but it works.
Shaman sends tell via hot button
/bct (chanter name) //keyless 7. Put chanter aa invis on main bar 7. On shaman I have both buttons next to one another.

Hello, im trying to find the commands to cast regular group AA invisibility with my shaman and IVU AA with my enchanter. I was hoping to have them overlap or cast the same time. Is there a command i can input (from Main Assist) to do this with chat commands. Im horrible with code. But love this program. Hope i posted this to right place. Im good at following directions though. Thanks.
I was interested in your question for use when I am not with a bard. I just used my bard's selo/sonorus (Sic's hot key) and made a 2 line hoy key to accomplish what you're looking for. I am sure there's a much cleaner way to achieve this but here you go.

/noparse /bcg //if (${Me.Class.ShortName.Equal[SHM]}) /alt act 630
/noparse /bcg //if (${Me.Class.ShortName.Equal[ENC]}) /alt act 280

Be sure and have the enchanters IVU spell casting before the shamans invis spell, the IVU has a little bit of a cast time while the shamans invis spell is instant cast. As long as the enchanters IVU is casting when regular invis hits the enchanter will have both spells land on them.

Very important set you up a /status invis to have everyone report their status before you take off running, all green go one or two reds redo hotkey sometimes takes a few casts to get everyone covered btw.

Thanks all for the responses. I will try after work today. Thanks.
If you are using Dannet - Make an invis hotkey with these two lines

/dex BobtheCleric /alt activate 1212
/dex WiztheWizard /alt activate 1210

Use whatever AA number you want for the Invis
Thank you this is the option that worked best for me. Thanks all for the advice, you just made my life alot easyier :)....

Last edited:
This seems to have stopped working for me. The second character is not even attempting to cast. Did something change with /dex?

Hmm, I switched to a different computer so I think I need to create the /cwtna groups again

This seems to have stopped working for me. The second character is not even attempting to cast. Did something change with /dex?

Hmm, I switched to a different computer so I think I need to create the /cwtna groups again
/alias list - if it isn't there then you don't have that alias

Shameless plug, but I just posted a new resource that is catered specifically to this sort of need: Grouper

Ignore my ominous 'work in progress' cautions. If you just want to cast invis, and see your invis status, this should work. The 'Invis' button will figure out how to dual-invis your group for you, if it can. The Setup button will set up some things for a new PC (but beware - it does change some settings as described in Commands). The rest is just bonus.

Ok my /alias list shows the /cwtn and /cwtna aliases exist. The problem appears to be with the /dex command. Should I be using a different command?
what are you trying to do?

nothing changed with /dex - dex requires you to say the name of the toon

/dex toonname /command --- is this what you're doing? the aliases i have suggested in my hotkey guide don't use /dex

1667917925676.png

I found when I was actively playing (just came back again, but need to level), that trying to use your driver toon and another would not work reliably due to latency reasons. For this reason, I used two other toons to process the Invises and IVU went first, followed by regular Invis. Here is an example for CLR/ENC:

INI:
/echo Perfect Dual Invis
/noparse /dgga /if (${Me.Class.ShortName.Equal[CLR]}) /alt activate 1212
/noparse /dgga /if (${Me.Class.ShortName.Equal[ENC]}) /alt activate 1210

You can swap in other classes and their alt ability numbers as needed. I can say this worked 99% of the time and rarely failed. Coupled with Sic's Invis display, and my own check in Boxhud for prosperity's sake, I never had issues. This keeps names out of your hotkeys, which IMHO is golden.

I found when I was actively playing (just came back again, but need to level), that trying to use your driver toon and another would not work reliably due to latency reasons. For this reason, I used two other toons to process the Invises and IVU went first, followed by regular Invis. Here is an example for CLR/ENC:

INI:
/echo Perfect Dual Invis
/noparse /dgga /if (${Me.Class.ShortName.Equal[CLR]}) /alt activate 1212
/noparse /dgga /if (${Me.Class.ShortName.Equal[ENC]}) /alt activate 1210

You can swap in other classes and their alt ability numbers as needed. I can say this worked 99% of the time and rarely failed. Coupled with Sic's Invis display, and my own check in Boxhud for prosperity's sake, I never had issues. This keeps names out of your hotkeys, which IMHO is golden.
Not a bad idea to use 2 other toons as occasionally they don't land right. I could use my wiz instead of my main (SK). Been using the hotkey below.

/dex chanter /alt act 1210
/alt act 1212

Not a bad idea to use 2 other toons as occasionally they don't land right. I could use my wiz instead of my main (SK). Been using the hotkey below.

/dex chanter /alt act 1210
/alt act 1212
2 things: You always want the IVU to go first, and the reg Invis after as this is more reliable. Secondly two toons takes out most of the latency on your main.

I think you have the AA wrong. /alt act 1212 is Group Perfected Invisibility to Undead for SK, PAL, CLR, etc. The Magician version is 280.
You are correct, I had the codes reversed above. It should have been 1212 on the SK and 1210 on the mage. In any event, the /dex command is NOT working for me. Therefore even though I have the proper aliases in place when I run /alias list, I have to assume it is a problem with my alias set up.

You are correct, I had the codes reversed above. It should have been 1212 on the SK and 1210 on the mage. In any event, the /dex command is NOT working for me. Therefore even though I have the proper aliases in place when I run /alias list, I have to assume it is a problem with my alias set up.
If /dex is not working then it is possible MQ2Dannet is not loaded. You can either just load it on all your chars (/plugin MQ2dannet load) or if you want to check first, type '/dnet info' and it should spit out information on all your connected characters.

It appears my characters are not automatically connecting to dannet even though they are on the same computer. When I type /dnet info I only see the toon name that I typed the command from. They are grouped and in the same zone standing right beside each other. I have unloaded and reloaded MQ2DanNet. This must be related to the new computer somehow.

It appears my characters are not automatically connecting to dannet even though they are on the same computer. When I type /dnet info I only see the toon name that I typed the command from. They are grouped and in the same zone standing right beside each other. I have unloaded and reloaded MQ2DanNet. This must be related to the new computer somehow.

• Some complicated network topologies won't be supported (a server interface is a better solution)
  • If for some reason the peers aren't self-discovering on a local network
    • check the output of /dnet interface
    • set one of the discovered interface names with /dnet interface "<name>"
    • unload and then reload the plugin
    • if you are using a VPN you need to ensure that your VPN isn't blocking local traffic
    • > post with pictures here <
    • failing that, I'll have to look into why, so contact dannuic with as much info as possible

I have the same issue and when I turned off my VPN it resolved it. I am too lazy to read up on making it work with the VPN running. Perhaps some day.....

I don't have VPN. Maybe it is something in Windows Security. I tried the /dnet interface thing and I show ethernet, wi-fi and something else, but have no idea what to do after that. I guess I will go back to my previous computer and see if I can find any differences.

Question - Shaman and Enchanter invisibly command from MA

Users who are viewing this thread

Back