• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Setting raid main assist target onto the extended target window? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
2,097¢
I am aware of setting up the extended target window using the in-game commands provided, I even have a resource (xtar.mac) which sets tanks in the window for healers to use.
Does anyone know how to programmatically, either through the in-game command or via MQ, to set an xtar slot by raid roles, such as the Raid Main Assist Target 1, without using right-click in the window itself and manually setting it?

1655935033606.png

The in-game tutorial (written in the Allakhazam link above) doesn't provide much help.

Solution
these are the things you can do automagically with /xtarget

1655935149583.png

you can /xtarget set # RaidAssist1Target where # is the slot you want

examples:
autohater (for auto)
RaidAssist1Target (for Raid Assist 1 Target)
etc.

kinda clunky system, but futz around with it and you'll be good
these are the things you can do automagically with /xtarget

1655935149583.png

examples:
autohater (for auto)
RaidAssist1Target (for Raid Assist 1 Target)
etc.

kinda clunky system, but futz around with it and you'll be good

Solution
That is the code I didn't have available and could not find anywhere where the full parameters were listed. If you notice in your snippet (which I also pulled in-game) it does not list all the options available. Where did you find that at? Did you base it off the 'grouptank' option and just sort of guess it from there?
Thanks so much!

That is the code I didn't have available and could not find anywhere where the full parameters were listed. If you notice in your snippet (which I also pulled in-game) it does not list all the options available. Where did you find that at? Did you base it off the 'grouptank' option and just sort of guess it from there?
Thanks so much!
yeah, i did notice the snippet, i took the snippet :p

i knew autohater, emptytarget, and grouptank were options, so i assumed (and tested) the other options, which worked

stuff like this sucks as a player - because you end up having to guess

Question - Setting raid main assist target onto the extended target window?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back