• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
Resource icon

Guide - Setting EQ Window Titles (1 Viewer)

RedCents
2,001¢
bb4 submitted a new resource:

Setting EQ Window Titles - Custom EQ Window Titles

This is very simple, but after what took me way too long to find the info, I figured I'd create a guide for other idiots like me.

Open your MQ Folder -> Release -> Configs. Within your Configs folder, you have 2 cfg files. 1 titled CharSelect and 1 titled zoned.
CharSelect = What your EQ window will say when you are at Character Select.
zoned = What your EQ window will say every time you zone

You can input a wide variety of TLOs into here and have it display information for you.

Read more about this resource...

Here are some examples based on what I use:
Code:
/SetWinTitle ${Me.Name}.${EverQuest.Server} (Lvl:${Me.Level} ${Me.Class}) (PID: ${EverQuest.PID})

It is put into both CharSelect.cfg and Zoned.cfg, so that the window is updated as soon as I log in, and then every time I zone. The PID is so that I can easily attach the debugger if I'm having a problem toon, without having to echo it, or find it in the process list.

You can also create a hotkey to do:
Code:
/loadcfg zoned.cfg

to refresh the title if you leveled and want it up to date, but don't plan to zone out for awhile, you just tap that bad boy, and you're good to go!

Note: As an add to this, if you're using Kissassist, it has it's own definition which will over-write the settings you have in zoned.cfg for instance. If you wish to have more thorough data in your window titlebar like what I gave an example for above, it's very simple to edit your current copy of kissassist.mac, do a search for "setwintitle" and change that line to be what I've put above, or what ever other flags you'd like to include. Save and then the next time you load up KA on your toons they'll use the new title information.

Last edited:
I'm trying to set my windows to show the account name in the win title.. I cant seem to find a TLO that works for this though..

there's a command /loginname that will echo the username, but I cant seem to figure how to get that in the title bar..

I have toons logged in on different live servers, and I get lost sometimes and would be nice to see which acct is logged in already..

Anyone have any ideas?

Cheers
LorDeth

I'm trying to set my windows to show the account name in the win title.. I cant seem to find a TLO that works for this though..

there's a command /loginname that will echo the username, but I cant seem to figure how to get that in the title bar..

I have toons logged in on different live servers, and I get lost sometimes and would be nice to see which acct is logged in already..

Anyone have any ideas?

Cheers
LorDeth
you can use /setwintitle ${EverQuest.LoginName}

Guide - Setting EQ Window Titles

Users who are viewing this thread

Back