• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Serious - September the 11th (1 Viewer)

RedCents
2,218¢
September the 11th 2001, I was playing EQ when my mobile rang, it was a call from someone I'd not spoken with for a few years, a friend I'd gone to school with, in between breathes he hurriedly told me to turn on the news, he was convinced world war 3 had started.

He was working in a building that overlooked the twin towers and had a clear view as the first plane crashed into the towers.

He was able to escape the chaos that day.

My friend Shotty wasn't so lucky, I'd known Marc since I'd started playing EQ he'd played a mage from day one, originally called Shotgun, but a GM had changed his name to Shotty.

He was an investment banker working in the twin towers, he never came home.

Today I'll not be playing EQ, I've not played EQ on this day for the past 18 years, today my thoughts are with those who have lost friends, family and loved ones on this day, Sept 11 2001.

Approx 2977 people died, RIP to all of them.

Vorpalchicken

I was driving auto transport at the time dropped off a load of cars at the dealership and heading back to the railyard when I heard what was happening on the radio, shock and disbelief, sad day in history. May they all rest in peace.

I will always remember that day and what I was doing. i was getting ready to go visit my wife in the hospital who just had our daughter two days before. She was born 3 months premature and was on a ventilator in the NICU. My wife called me that morning while I was getting ready and told me to turn on Fox News, I saw the second plane hit the tower, I was in complete shock of what I saw. I will always remember that day because of my daughter being born two days before.

I was watching the morning news winding down after working the night shift when the live shot of the first tower being hit came on screen. After a couple of minutes seeing the building with smoke billowing out, there were no commentators on the tv at the time. As I was contemplating what the heck was going on I also starting thinking it was the beginning of WWIII.

When the report came that a plane had flew into the Pentagon my thought's were caught up in if a family member that worked there was one of the casualties. Thankfully she wasn't but she lost several close friends and colleagues that day.

RIP to all.... We Will Never Forget!!!

I was a sophomore in my before school elective class (spanish) when I heard the news and the teacher had the TV turned on. My next class was my JROTC and we were already in our military uniform for the day. So for class we did a memorial presenting of the flag for the school and supported kids who lost someone in the devistation.

I was sitting in my morning class of the 6th grade. we stayed in that class all day watching the news. I remember alot of the kids crying they were so scared. Not knowing what was going to happen for our future was just crazy.

I was in traffic on my way to work listening to morning radio. The initial talks about it, I thought was a bad joke. Switched stations and found it odd similar discussion was going on. It didn't really dawn on me what was going on until I saw people in other cars around me with ghostly looks and some crying. Shortly after getting to work, the office went on complete lock down. Was terrifying how it all went about.

Serious - September the 11th

Users who are viewing this thread

Back