• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

RedGuides - Say something when a spell is cast. (1 Viewer)

RedCents
20¢
Can someone nudge me in the right direction here. I want one of my characters to say something when a specific spell is case. E.g. say in group, "Complete Heal on XXXX"
I am using Very Vanilla, and see some reference that use command: in the ini. So I tried that in the heals list and a condition...but no luck.

Any help would be appreciated.

its generally not a good idea to have automation tools do say or speak in groups, because automation tools will do as its told, and sometimes that means spamming a spell till it fires or something weird, and then your guild is gonna be like thunder stop spamming!, and then!! you might get in trouble with people that think you might be automation, and they will get upset and report you.

if you just want to be able to see it on another toon, turn on the dannet and or eqbc settings in the general section of the ini, that will broadcast the actions to your dannet or eqbcs channels.

but if your intention is for it to say it in group when on people raids and playing with people, then i very strongly advice against it.

its generally not a good idea to have automation tools do say or speak in groups, because automation tools will do as its told, and sometimes that means spamming a spell till it fires or something weird, and then your guild is gonna be like thunder stop spamming!, and then!! you might get in trouble with people that think you might be automation, and they will get upset and report you.

if you just want to be able to see it on another toon, turn on the dannet and or eqbc settings in the general section of the ini, that will broadcast the actions to your dannet or eqbcs channels.

but if your intention is for it to say it in group when on people raids and playing with people, then i very strongly advice against it.
Star Wars I Aint No Foo GIF

Yup, good advice. Ideally, it would be in the MQ window. I generally always run my own group--just wanted something to grab my attention when the cleric is heavy healing.

So, I turn on dannet and it would hit that window? I will try that. Thank you.

RedGuides - Say something when a spell is cast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back