• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Saving Various MQ2 Window Locations? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
4,556¢
Hey, where are the settings for the MQ2 UI saved at?

like for parser window, mq2 window, the CWTN class windows?

ive tried moving the parser window, closing it then reopening it and it wont save. on any toon
the overseer window has disappeared completely on 1 toon(will run mac overseer and i can claim rewards but no overseer window at all)
one of my clerics(and only 1 for some reason) the cwtn window wont open automatically when he logs in. i /clr show. Move it where i want it and x out then /clr show and it comes back where i moved it but if that toon logs out and back in its gone again.

Hey, where are the settings for the MQ2 UI saved at?

like for parser window, mq2 window, the CWTN class windows?

ive tried moving the parser window, closing it then reopening it and it wont save. on any toon
the overseer window has disappeared completely on 1 toon(will run mac overseer and i can claim rewards but no overseer window at all)
one of my clerics(and only 1 for some reason) the cwtn window wont open automatically when he logs in. i /clr show. Move it where i want it and x out then /clr show and it comes back where i moved it but if that toon logs out and back in its gone again.
well the cwtn plugins handles the ui window differently than other stuff does.

Q. My UI window isn't saving the location
A. >CWTN UI Video< follow these steps:
1. move it to where you want it
2. close the window
3. /clr show to reshow it - eq will now have the window saved

for dpsadv, from the dpsadv faq:
Q. How do I save the location?
A. you can move the window to where you want it to be saved at, and click the top right hand corner to "exit" the window. then re-open with a /dpsadv show and it will be in the new saved location. or you can move it and /dpsadv save

with regards to moving and then saving and it not staying in a location - are you exiting the game cleanly? example: /camp desktop or are you doing an /exit ? Make sure if you're moving around ui pieces and whatnot, that you're then camping cleanly.

well the cwtn plugins handles the ui window differently than other stuff does.

Q. My UI window isn't saving the location
A. >CWTN UI Video< follow these steps:
1. move it to where you want it
2. close the window
3. /clr show to reshow it - eq will now have the window saved

for dpsadv, from the dpsadv faq:
Q. How do I save the location?
A. you can move the window to where you want it to be saved at, and click the top right hand corner to "exit" the window. then re-open with a /dpsadv show and it will be in the new saved location. or you can move it and /dpsadv save

with regards to moving and then saving and it not staying in a location - are you exiting the game cleanly? example: /camp desktop or are you doing an /exit ? Make sure if you're moving around ui pieces and whatnot, that you're then camping cleanly.
The CWTN wont save on one toon. Ive moved it then clicked the ex and /clr show. even said this in my question post. i figured there was just an issue with that one toons file.

Ill try that wiht the dps adv, i tried moving it and X ing the window and reloading it but that didnt work ill try the /dpsadv save see if that works

My CWTN works PERFECT on 41 toons, but 1 it just doenst save it. rest have it perfect

Its just fustrating Sic. i love those plugins, and 1 toon just isnt doing what it should lmfao

The CWTN wont save on one toon. Ive moved it then clicked the ex and /clr show. even said this in my question post. i figured there was just an issue with that one toons file.

Ill try that wiht the dps adv, i tried moving it and X ing the window and reloading it but that didnt work ill try the /dpsadv save see if that works

My CWTN works PERFECT on 41 toons, but 1 it just doenst save it. rest have it perfect

Its just fustrating Sic. i love those plugins, and 1 toon just isnt doing what it should lmfao
have you locked any files from being edited? its not like its coded to work on any toon EXCEPT for janet =p

your actual mq2cleric.ini is where the locations are saved (not mq2cleric_janet.ini) could exit everyone, copy the information for toon janet from a toon that has positioning you want, and then save, and then log in - might be worth trying.

but considering you mentioned you're having other problems with other windows... leads me to think there's another issue

Question - Saving Various MQ2 Window Locations?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back