• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Saving my Poor Charm Pet (1 Viewer)

RedCents
10¢
Is there a way to keep my mages from roasting my pet anytime charm breaks? I'm using KA on all 5 of my toons and i'm driving the chanter.

I have one of my mages as the PetTank. I don’t know how to keep him from targeting my charm pet when it breaks. If I charm him back right away, the mage will continue to nuke away until I /end the macro on him. I am new to boxing and I appreciate all the help.

I think the issue is the charm pet wakes up and is added to aggro list, so tank types will target it. You could mess around with Ignore settings via /addignore or editing your kissassist_info.ini file. Sic shared his ignore hotkey here. Maybe pick charm targets that have unusual names so they'd be less likely to be in camp often and work with ignore. But I think tanks will still try to kill anything that attacks the group.

You might need a hard coded change to put one Target_ID on 100% ignore.

I have one of my mages as the PetTank. I don’t know how to keep him from targeting my charm pet when it breaks. If I charm him back right away, the mage will continue to nuke away until I /end the macro on him. I am new to boxing and I appreciate all the help.
kissassist has a /backoff function that will clear it's combat stuff, including mobs that it wants to kill. Once the pet is recharmed, tell the mage /backoff on and then /backoff off shortly thereafter.

Question - Saving my Poor Charm Pet

Users who are viewing this thread

Back