• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Sanity check; Popping a Named (1 Viewer)

RedCents
333¢
Been camping a named all weekend and no managed to get it to pop!

Just checked and this named has 3 place-holders. I've been camping one all weekend (at least 8 hours a day.) I lied when I say I've not managed to pop the Named, it did on Friday night, the once, but not since?!

Looking on Alakaz I'm at the recommended "spot" to camp, and killing the correct PH spawn. After more checking and /tar PH, I've found this morning that there are 2 other PH spots, but I've not tried camping either (not ideal spots)

Just a sanity check on my EQ knowledge; if the Named is not up, killing a PH should have a change to pop the Named? I don't think I should need to clear all PH'es, might be ideal, but no necessary?

and then the Named popped!

Totally agree Sic, increased chance clearing all PHers, but with RL wanted to keep things simple and just pop back to PC every 10-30mins and clear PH quickly. Thank you and belated Happy Birthday!

I know the PH for Telaris Xeturisun is not marked correctly, or at least not the best place to set up, on EQResource. So, if this is the mob in question, set up on the right side of the stairway (as you face it). My experience is the mob pops much more frequently by killing the PH on that side.

I know the PH for Telaris Xeturisun is not marked correctly, or at least not the best place to set up, on EQResource. So, if this is the mob in question, set up on the right side of the stairway (as you face it). My experience is the mob pops much more frequently by killing the PH on that side.
Set up in front of the stairs so you're centrally located and can kill all the PHs

Also, Good's maps have more complete and accurate named/ph information in them.

Back in they day there were some tricks for certain spawns to slightly increase the rate, the one that sticks in my mind (because I spent hours camping him) was Raster in Lguk where his PH would auto despawn at like 10am game time, and the spawn time was like 22 minutes or something, so you would kill 2 PH, let the third one depop and get a slightly faster spawn.

However it seems like spawn times aren't nearly as punishing as they used to be, but farming those single PH mobs can still be activating.

If you are after one for something like hunter I would also would wait for the +rare spawn weekends and such and just move on to greener pastures instead of pulling your hair our over a single one giving you issues.

Question - Sanity check; Popping a Named

Users who are viewing this thread

Back