• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

News - Rumor of new super /ach (2 Viewers)

RedCents
4,656¢
Have seen 2 comments from others (that usually have advance into on stuff coming out) that there may be a new Artisan Prize like prize based on character's achievement score coming out in the next expansion.

The first mention I saw of it made me think another joke on me 😁 - still chuckling on that one
https://www.redguides.com/community/threads/summer-bonus-week-7-1-7-8.78105/#post-475095

But now a second comment by another "privileged" player.

So I am getting a jump on it...some what...at least my Ranger is now up to date on his divination skill ach

Lol? Divination?

oh… achievement score as in I have to go back and do all the bullshit achievements from base eq? Fuck that.

My main character I play with, not my oldest character, is 13 years old. Everything I have done has involved this character in over a decade. I am only around 900ish/3735 achievements completed, with 0 category's completed. I only focus on doing achievements when it advances my character some way. Shit I hope they don't put some bullshit achievemnt based Artisan Prize in.

Last edited:
I'd rather them dedicate resources to fixing infrastructure and quality of life issues.
yeah, unfortunately, adding things like 350 tradeskills that take ages, or explorer that takes ages, or doing achievements that take ages for a reward is a way to reuse old content, and give people a loooooong ass stick with a little carrot for not too much work.

if they were really crazy - they would make future "huge time investment crazy items" be upgrades that required lower ones. like AP has an upgrade but you ALSO need AP.

like you can get new evolving boots - but they require old evolved boots etc.

Last edited:
Based on total achiev score? If so, I'm not doing it.

I've done Artisan Prize several times, ts to 350, I'm done with wasting time on crazy stuff.

Edit: if this was some interesting item, DA click , twincast clickie or something similar then yes, I would think about it.

I'd rather them dedicate resources to fixing infrastructure and quality of life issues.

EVE Online has a good history of doing lots of quality of life stuff. Well after they had half the game flip the table over and riot over some stupid walking in stations feature nobody wanted wasted a year of resources while ignoring all the problems.

Since that time, you see lots of fixes from time to time for quality of life things. Have not played in several years but compared to EverQuest that 20 year old MMO is holding together age wise so much better.

News - Rumor of new super /ach

Users who are viewing this thread

• L
Back