• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Problem - Rotation Helper (1 Viewer)

Meeps

RedCents
Good morning Redguides team / community,

I may get flamed, but I have spent days trying to get MQ2 to successfully help me with my rotation on various characters. I have attempted to set up MQ2Melee using the holyshits provided here in the pinned post, I have also tried Kissassist set to manual. Nothing seems to actually fire off spells (occasionally buffs, uses things like kick / bash).

I have used the INI's on the post for settings, I have done everything as instructed in the beginner guide and still nothing.

I'm feeling hopeless. Would anyone be able to assist me?

There are going to be SEVERAL things needed here to help you.
1st off how many toons are you trying to run together, are they all on same comp, and in same group?
We will need a copy of each KA ini posted here to look at and probably a copy of MQ2Melee ini posted as well.

Don't think you'll get flamed, we've all had our issued, and we've all had the " new to this" hiccups.

Super simple.

I am only intending to run a single character. I used the Heroic INI recommendations from the stickied post.

Example:

Paladin
Rich (BB code):
[General]
KissAssistVer=7.0.2
Role=PullerTank
CampRadius=30
CampRadiusExceed=400
ReturnToCamp=1
ChaseAssist=0
ChaseDistance=75
MedOn=1
MedStart=25
MedCombat=0
LootOn=1
RezAcceptOn=1
AcceptInvitesOn=1
GroupWatchOn=1
EQBCOn=0
IRCOn=0
MiscGem=8
HoTTOn=0
CampfireOn=0
[Buffs]
BuffsOn=1
Buffs1=Heroic Drape of the Combatant
Buffs2=Heroic Gorget of the Combatant
Buffs3=Heroic Earring of the Adventurer
Buffs4=Heroic Soulbound Helm
Buffs5=Heroic Faceplate of the Guardian
Buffs6=Heroic Earring of the Guardian
Buffs7=Heroic Soulbound Breastplate
Buffs8=Heroic Pauldrons of the Guardian
Buffs9=Heroic Ring of the Guardian
Buffs10=Heroic Ring of the Adventurer
Buffs11=Devout Fury
Buffs12=Brell's Loamy Ward
Buffs13=NULL
Buffs14=NULL
Buffs15=NULL
Buffs16=NULL
Buffs17=NULL
Buffs18=NULL
Buffs19=NULL
Buffs20=NULL
RebuffOn=1
ChecKBuffsTimer=20
[Melee]
AssistAt=100
MeleeOn=1
FaceMobOn=1
MeleeDistance=75
StickHow=snaproll
AutoFireOn=0
[GoM]
GoMSHelp=Format - Spell|Target, MA Me or Mob, i.e. Rampaging Servant Rk. II|Mob
GoMSpell=Gift of Mana Spell
[AE]
AEOn=0
AERadius=50
AE1=NULL
AE2=NULL
AE3=NULL
AE4=NULL
AE5=NULL
[DPS]
DPSOn=1
DPSSkip=10
DPSInterval=2
DPS1=Charge for Honor|98|once
DPS2=Mark of the Pious|95|once
DPS3=Force of the Crying Seas|90
DPS4=Shackles of Tunare|15
DPS5=NULL
DPS6=NULL
DPS7=NULL
DPS8=NULL
DPS9=NULL
DPS10=NULL
[Aggro]
AggroOn=1
Aggro1=NULL
Aggro2=NULL
Aggro3=NULL
[Heals]
Help=Format Spell|% to heal at i.e. Devout Light Rk. II|50
HealsOn=1
Heals1=Wave of Remitment Rk. II|50
Heals2=Joyous Light|35
Heals3=Lay on Hands|15|me
Heals4=NULL
Heals5=NULL
Heals6=NULL
Heals7=NULL
Heals8=NULL
Heals9=NULL
Heals10=NULL
XTarHeal=0
AutoRezOn=0
AutoRezWith=Your Rez Item/AA/Spell
[Cures]
CuresOn=0
Cures1=NULL
Cures2=NULL
Cures3=NULL
[Burn]
BurnText=Decepticons Attack
Burn1=NULL
Burn2=NULL
Burn3=NULL
Burn4=NULL
Burn5=NULL
Burn6=NULL
[Pull]
PullWith=Force of the Crying Seas
MaxRadius=400
MaxZRange=50
PullWait=0
[AFKTools]
AFKHelp=AFKGMAction=0 Off, 1 Pause Macro, 2 End Macro, 3 Unload MQ2, 4 Quit Game
AFKToolsOn=0
AFKGMAction=1
AFKPCRadius=150
CampOnDeath=0
[Merc]
Help=To use: Turn off Auto Assist in Manage Mercenary Window
MercOn=0
MercAssistAt=92

- - - Updated - - -

Note: I've updated the version to the current, I'm not at my home computer to post what I adjusted.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its all these items. EQ has AA perma buffs now. Change them ll to null and see if it starts working in 9.1.3
Rich (BB code):
Buffs1=Heroic Drape of the Combatant
Buffs2=Heroic Gorget of the Combatant
Buffs3=Heroic Earring of the Adventurer
Buffs4=Heroic Soulbound Helm
Buffs5=Heroic Faceplate of the Guardian
Buffs6=Heroic Earring of the Guardian
Buffs7=Heroic Soulbound Breastplate
Buffs8=Heroic Pauldrons of the Guardian
Buffs9=Heroic Ring of the Guardian
Buffs10=Heroic Ring of the Adventurer

Rich (BB code):
Buffs1=Null
Buffs2=Null
Buffs3=Null
Buffs4=Null
Buffs5=Null
Buffs6=Null
Buffs7=Null
Buffs8=Null
Buffs9=Null
Buffs10=Null

Make this edit with Kiss 9.1.3 then repost your ini file.

I think you are basically wanting to manually drive your toon and have KA do the casting & etc. after you've manually pulled the mob. Is that correct?

Kissassist set to manual will not by default use your spells, you have to turn each section on. (in game type /buffson or /dpson 2, etc.)

You may have to create the mq2melee settings before you can create a holy/down and have it do anything:
In game type: /melee load and then /melee save (if you haven't already) and then you should see settings in your "Servername_Toonname.ini" that should be in the "MQ2" folder.

ok,

so if you have a .ini with the edits as mentioned above that you want to run manually:

target yourself and type /kissassist manual

mq2 should go through a sequence about checking names and etc and a blue text pop up should show on the screen something like "Kissassist v. 9.1.3 by Maskoi" or something like that.

once there you would want to type the following in game:

/buffson (this would start the buffs section and apply any buffs there)

/meleeon

/dpson 1 (or possibly 2) that turns the dps section

http://www.redguides.com/community/...KissAssist-Instructions-amp-Settings-Info#com

with that, once you have engaged a mob, KA should cast the spells based on how they're defined in your .ini and if they're memmed in your spellbar. It will mem buffs into whichever gem you have identified as "MiscGem" but I'm not sure it will try to mem dps spells.

So I just need to ensure that the spells in my /dpson rotation are memorized prior to engaging the mobs, correct?

What's the difference between /dpson 1 and /dpson 2? My understanding is it effects the priority of the cast order.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, does it matter which Gem a spell is in for the cast order?

dps on 1 waits till the mob is at the specified hps to cast, on 2 it casts them in decreasing order of hp %.

from what I understand but haven't tested, 1 can skip spells if mobs are dying fast enough and 2 may not get through all spells but will still go in order if mobs are dying fast.

the gem number doesn't matter for cast order, only that whichever gem you set to be the Miscgem will get swapped out on occasion so it's best to avoid putting any dps spell in that gem.

Good morning Redguides team / community,

I may get flamed, but I have spent days trying to get MQ2 to successfully help me with my rotation on various characters. I have attempted to set up MQ2Melee using the holyshits provided here in the pinned post, I have also tried Kissassist set to manual. Nothing seems to actually fire off spells (occasionally buffs, uses things like kick / bash).

I have used the INI's on the post for settings, I have done everything as instructed in the beginner guide and still nothing.

I'm feeling hopeless. Would anyone be able to assist me?

we are a flame free board.... Level 2 is even better btw! Many more questions answered and a ton us useful guides to help you learn the ways of the MQ2Force (that was a pun, there is no MQ2Force)

Problem - Rotation Helper

Users who are viewing this thread

Back