• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Rogue Main - Nostalgic Content (1 Viewer)

Oztops

RedCents
19¢
Hello Friends,

I've leveled a full group to 61. I plan to move reallllllll slow, doing nostalgic content (Epic 1.0 through PoP).
The group is Rog, War, Clr, Wiz, Bst, Brd. Rogue is my Main, and the War and Cleric are indispensable.
I like the Wiz for Ports and Evac. The Bst and Brd were intended to max the Rogue's DPS.
However, I'm fighting a lot of yellow and red, and having trouble landing nukes and detrimental spells.
  • I feel like the group needs Malo or Tash.
  • I feel like the Bard is overstretched in combat.
Would I be better off with a Shm or Enc in place of the Bst or Brd?

Hello Friends,

I've leveled a full group to 61. I plan to move reallllllll slow, doing nostalgic content (Epic 1.0 through PoP).
The group is Rog, War, Clr, Wiz, Bst, Brd. Rogue is my Main, and the War and Cleric are indispensable.
I like the Wiz for Ports and Evac. The Bst and Brd were intended to max the Rogue's DPS.
However, I'm fighting a lot of yellow and red, and having trouble landing nukes and detrimental spells.
  • I feel like the group needs Malo or Tash.
  • I feel like the Bard is overstretched in combat.
Would I be better off with a Shm or Enc in place of the Bst or Brd?
I'd swap the wizzie out for a shm - that'd be a kickin group --- tho at lower lvls wizzie definitely shines a bit, but he's not getting much synergy from the group
could drop the bard for an ench also

Bards have great boost to dps, endurance regen, and over all CC. Sham would also give you good benefits but the beast over sees the main buffs shamans would give you. Enchanter is a good logical choice.

Thanks Sicprofundus and Daniel C,
You both seem to suggest keeping the beast, which helps me narrow things down.
If I look at it from a loss perspective, instead of a gain:
  • Drop the Beast - Lose my 2nd best damage and buffs.
  • Drop the Wiz - Shed my current worst damage (due to no synergy) and lose my ports.
  • Drop the Bard - Lose overspeed, runspeed and ineffective CC pulling yellows at 61 (and I'm too lazy to single pull).
Option A would be Rog, War, Clr, Bst, Brd --- Replace Wiz with:
  1. Shaman, but isn't that too much overlap with the Beast?
  2. Chanter, but isn't that too much caster support for no caster?
Option B would be Rog, War, Clr, Bst, Wiz --- Replace Brd with:
  1. Shaman, but Wiz starved for mana, and overlaps with the Beast.
  2. Chanter, synergy for Wiz, at the cost of Beast and Rogue DPS.
I'm leaning toward Option A (replace Wiz). The Beast is always OOM and could do more DPS if a Shaman or Chanter took over slow and haste.
So I guess it comes down to backup heals or backup CC.

Maybe I should level a Shaman AND a Chanter, and swap in for the content I'm killing on the day.

Question - Rogue Main - Nostalgic Content

Users who are viewing this thread

Back