• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Rogue - Hide and Sneak (1 Viewer)

Warrene

RedCents
20¢
I've researched this a bit and do want to work it out myself, so I'm seeking guidance/direction:

1. Playing a rogue shroud to work on short tasks (yes, those again!).
2. Keeping hide/sneak on at all times, only dropping it to acquire the task list.
3. Using Piggyzone/setwp to effect movement
4. I've noticed that hide sometimes drops during zoning. Since I'm only unsetting/setting at task initiation, once hide drops it stays dropped.
5. This means I get banged on a bit if the next zone in is hot. Since the /doability appears to be a toggle, it also means I'm out of synch when it comes time for task acquisition.

So, looking for avenues to pursue which will systematically check the status of hide immediately after zoning in and activate it if it has dropped. Current thinking: (1) a character property I can test? (2) communicate with the Action window to interrogate the status of the appropriate button? (3) (...more likely...) something much more straightfoward?

Comments will be greatly appreciated.

Just watched the scroll a a bit closed: observed "You have moved and are no longer hidden". Did I pop a trap?? This occured during normal movement within Karnor. Went in with hide/sneak active and had this popup as I crossed the second drawbridge.

Last edited:
Haha :) The girl that does the automated tasks with me too uses this very same thing

I suggest having the hiderun offset on, and whenever you goto speak to Marana have it...

/target Marana
/autoattack
/say Whats tasks
/doability ##..(hide)

The autoattack is just tossed in to make you visible right before the hail <shrug>

I've decided there's a simpler explanation: the sentries in Karnor see through Hide. If you have the misfortune to pop in near one, he starts in on you. So, the issue has become recognizing that combat has been joined and turning hide back on after gracefully exiting the area.

Rogue - Hide and Sneak

Users who are viewing this thread

Back