• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - rgmercs and kissassist not working on one charactor. (1 Viewer)

MadaSnave

RedCents
638¢
I've been using rgmercs for about 2 months and had no real issues once i learned the commands. but yesterday with the patch my druid started to have issues with a /prase so i switched her over to kissassist and copied a level 100 ini file to her kissassist ini, rgmercs would just shut off after starting, but kissassist is running and she isn't casting a single spell or targeting any one or buffing them, healing them debuffing mobs damaging mobs. any idea what might be causing this account to be the only one to not have macro's work properly on. should i reinstall the macro files and redo the ini files compeately, all the accounts use the same eq file so i don't think that is a factor.

Solution
I've been using rgmercs for about 2 months and had no real issues once i learned the commands. but yesterday with the patch my druid started to have issues with a /prase so i switched her over to kissassist and copied a level 100 ini file to her kissassist ini, rgmercs would just shut off after starting, but kissassist is running and she isn't casting a single spell or targeting any one or buffing them, healing them debuffing mobs damaging mobs. any idea what might be causing this account to be the only one to not have macro's work properly on. should i reinstall the macro files and redo the ini files compeately, all the accounts use the same eq file so i don't think that is a factor.
what is a /prase?

you can only run 1...
what is a /prase?

you can only run 1 macro at a time - either rgmercs or kissassist, you can't run both.

I would ensure you're editing the ini file that is location in your > CONFIG < folder and not the macro folder

you can get there by here:

1655399595988.png

Solution
ok had the wrong ini for kissassist got it working. i don't know what phase is wrong with the rgmercs (yes was running just rgmercs at the time) if i could copy all the stuff from the macroquest window that it says at the end i would but its about 500 characters and i don't want to mess up code language by typing it out incorrectly due to my dyslexia.

but at least with kissassist on her she is helping now. are the ini that rgmercs going to be in the same config folder if so then i might be able to delete her ini from installing it and reinstall rgmercs and see if that works.

*edit* its there, rgmerc folder ini for chractror deleted, rgmerc reinstalled and functioning!

thanks for the help sic and the guys who helped on rgmercs support page as well (would of keep this all there but when i couldn't figure out why kissassist was also not working i didn't want to bog down one macro support page with multiple issues from more then one macro)

np Mada, no one wants you to type all that out!

windows has a built-in screensnip feature:

Take an easy screen snip with Shift+Windows Key+S, then select the area you wish to copy, then Control+V to paste it in the reply.

by and large, all configuration files are going to be in the config folder these days - here are some notes on the MQ2 -> MQ changes

There are a couple of small, yet important changes with MacroQuest vs the old MQ2 as explained > HERE <

Moving to MacroQuest mental notes:
1. mq2map click is Control+Shift+Click
2. new easyfind self travel is Control+Click (reminder in find window title bar)
3. new easyfind group travel is Control+Shift+Click
4. If you selected a destination in your zone guide and want to activate it you /travelto activate
5. /yes and /no are now aliases
6. your ini configuration files (like for kissassist) now reside in your "Config" folder and not your "Macro" folder
7. if you want the functionality of the MQ2 "MQ2TargetInfo" - They are now in 3 separate plugins: /plugin groupinfo /plugin targetinfo /plugin xtarinfo

Problem - rgmercs and kissassist not working on one charactor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back