• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Returning Player (1 Viewer)

RedCents
148¢
My apologies for any questions that have been asked and answered already. There is so much information on this site it can be daunting for a new person.

Originally played a Wizard and stopped playing somewhere around Prophecy of Ro. That wizard is currently Lvl. 79. Would any of his gear be relevant at all in current game? I.E. Time clicky pants? Any reason to continue with this toon? Wizzy is on a server that i may not play on now. He has maybe 100kpp, so not sure worth transferring. I have a friend I may occasionally play with on a new server. I tried starting a new wizzy with the tutorial and I am almost done but god it seem's painful for some reason. My plan is to maybe start a 6 team box. A wizard will ultimately be my end game toon and main.

I have downloaded the vanilla and read the beginner's guide's. They don't really seem to give much information for actually setting up a group. I.E. setting up follow etc. Do I use WinEQ2 or ISboxer for window control and initial group login? What addons do I need? MQ2Heals and MQ2AFNuke look promising maybe for easy automation on alts? Will they auto update abilities? Special Keybinds or socials needed in game? I am so lost and looking for a step by step of what to do.

Suggestions on group make up? Thinking Sk, Clr, Wiz, Enc, Dru, ?Bard? I will manual tank I am thinking.

I am having some issues after tank dies. Sometimes seeing toons saying, "I am confused because I'm in the same zone as my campfire. I need an adult." I watched my tank die, group evac's and detects no MA so pauses. Tank clicks back to campfire, but the group just stays at evac point. Should the group click back to campfire after evac? On this one I think my tank was lagging because I watched him die at camp but after he clicked back to camp I summoned his corpse from about his pull point.

Another example, MA dies gets rezzed by cleric and just starts spamming that message. There were 5 mobs in camp all mezzed. I waited for rez sickness to wear off but nothing, I had to reset KA.

Any ideas? I read through several posts on that message but did not seem to find any clear answer on how to correct it. Sometimes there are corpses that I manually have my SK summon then I think things return to normal. But the one time my tank died and got rezzed like immediately the macro seemed to just hang.

So it seems like the reason I was getting this message "I am confused because I'm in the same zone as my campfire. I need an adult." was because I wasn't letting my designated toon put the camp fire down after zoning etc. I was replacing manually without restarting KA. So far after a partial wipe they recall and start buffing like they are supposed to. I'll respond back if this ends up not being the case.

I actually get that message on my Bard occassionally after a wipe. I do let Kiss put down the camp fire, I control KA using commands from one of my Wizards. So I am not sure thats entirely the reason Caewen.

I have seen that msg after getting BATTLE rez'd by my clr during the fight that killed me. I'm thinking that it's a timing/macro lag issue. I've seen it whether I let KA place the fire or I do it manually *shrug* but being rez'd is about the only time KA would think you need to Fellowship back to your fire while you are in same zone as fire.

When I get back to leveling I will turn off rez on cleric and dru and see if it goes away.

Oh I dunno, I'd keep it on, battle rezzing happens so fast many times I don't even know someone died, therefore no cleanup, no management. I would rather battle rez and get that occasional message, the message doesn't seem to have an adverse effect most of the time... I would almost suggest rather than turning rez off you turn clickbacktocamp off.

Another time I have seen it is when I find the puller at his bind spot and that message rolling over and over in his MQ2Win. I suspect that he got battle rez'd, then immediately died again. I also suspect the rez is on cooldown and the cleric can't do anything. He clearly is no longer in the same zone as the fire, but some variable somewhere got set and now he is hosed. I stop KA, click back to fire, and relaunch KA in that instance, which is real rare.

I didn't write it, and I just report what I see, but yet I'm the gremlin :)

Last edited:
So it seems like the reason I was getting this message "I am confused because I'm in the same zone as my campfire. I need an adult." was because I wasn't letting my designated toon put the camp fire down after zoning etc. I was replacing manually without restarting KA. So far after a partial wipe they recall and start buffing like they are supposed to. I'll respond back if this ends up not being the case.
Rich (BB code):
 "I am confused because I'm in the same zone as my campfire. I need an adult."
This happens when you have a corpse in the that has not been rez'd and you campfire back to the zone.

It usually means you died on a pull out of the clerics rez radius.

It will no longer infinity loop as of kiss 9.07 but you will loose a corpse if you don't rez it soon enough

Last edited:
It usually means you died on a pull out of the clerics rez radius.

That certainly explains my puller standing at his bind-spot.

I will no longer infinity loop as of kiss 9.07 but you will loose a corpse if you don't rez it soon enough

It's sad they reduced the corpse rez times (I remember them being much longer). However in the example(s) above we are going to lose a corpse anyway so stopping the infinite loop wont cause any additional grief.

Question - Returning Player

Users who are viewing this thread

Back