• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Toast - Returning player looking for a change. (1 Viewer)

Malivent

RedCents
182¢
Hello all,

I've been playing EQ off an on since release. I stopped playing about 10 years ago but I gained a couple more accounts (friends that stopped playing). I have tried alt tab boxing for a while now with mixed results. I finally decided to try out MQ2 and here I am. I have been watching a lot of videos on here and youtube for pointers and guides and I will be upgrading my account here soon so any advice is very much appreciated. I hope to see you guys on the battlefield. Thanks

Hello all,

I've been playing EQ off an on since release. I stopped playing about 10 years ago but I gained a couple more accounts (friends that stopped playing). I have tried alt tab boxing for a while now with mixed results. I finally decided to try out MQ2 and here I am. I have been watching a lot of videos on here and youtube for pointers and guides and I will be upgrading my account here soon so any advice is very much appreciated. I hope to see you guys on the battlefield. Thanks
woot! welcome to the MQ2 side of things

Welcome to Redguides,

I'm probably a bit biased, but when starting out a lot of users would say my plugins are a good way to get up and running quickly. Alternately there is RGMercs, KissAssist, and other macros you might find just as useful for you to get you going. There's guides and tips all over Redguides. A lot of it depends on your level/type of server you'll be playing, and what it is you're wanting to achieve.

Hello all,

On a side note. If you want to keep those "friend's" accounts then you may want to "update" account management info. Nothing is worse than needing help and not having the correct account info. They (DBG support) do not even help spouses of account owners. Your name has to be on the account or what you say your name is.

Welcome, and not to toot CWTN horn but if you need a healer both shaman and clr are extremely easy to set it and almost never die. Other than that I hope you enjoy your time here. It makes eq much more playable for those that are busy with real life.

I been using MQ for about a month now, Ended up going the route of next, so I would recommend next; it is after all where the community seems to be working to going, although it is in beta now. I have had good luck with it.

Hello all,

Welcome to the best and most helpful community in everquest.

You now have enough redcent to go to the redcent store and buy a month of level 2 access.

I recommend watching all of Sic's vids and making up some of his hotkeys, they really do make QOL much better.

I totally agree with CWTN his plugins are plug and play out of the box ready to make you awesome, log the toon in and /plugin mq2(class name) load and blam your rocking

WB, threw you a Redcent. Red Guides MQ2 is the most helpful and friendly community just about anywhere. Start slow, ask questions here and in the discord.

I love the CWTN line, easiest plug and play. Not all classes (yet). Also they are general purpose, so if you main a char, or are looking for more customization try RGmercs (easy enough out of the box, lets you customize a bit). If you want to do your own thing, or main a char and have certain playstyles, ideas, Mule Assist or KA gives you amazing level of control.

Again, WB, and have fun!

Well Met!!! Only thing I can add is if you don't understand something or want to set up something just ask. You will get a lot of help from so many folks here that might take you a few hours just to go through all the helpful tips and answers. The biggest thing is to just have fun.

Zeb

Welcome! Check out the resources and information within Sic and ChatWithThisName's signatures as well as <<<here>>>. You're sure to be up and running before you know it!

Ctwn are hands down the best plugins when using mq2 . You have so much control over what your toon does or does not do . I currently use sk rogue zerker shammy ctwn plugins and they make Everquest life so much easier

I do appreciate all the replies and the help from everyone. Ive got everything going, with a few hiccups on occasion. Usually if i get stuck on something i do a search and can find something here that helps me. I guess one of my bigger issues is remembering commands and making conditions, the latter of which i dont even try. Ive been using eq2mule mostly and i will eventually go with the CWTN plugins when i can (wife wont let me spend $120 on a game lol). Anyway ill keep trucking and learning hopefully. Thanks all

You all convinced me to go CWTN for my warrior and mage. I am loving it. My other current classes don’t have plugins if they did I would do them too

Toast - Returning player looking for a change.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back