• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Returning after nearly 20 years (2 Viewers)

Autoloot doesn’t have logic for sorting, that’s all done in the ini file so if you’re worried about where something is going to go, make sure your loot ini is setup properly.

Thanks for the tip! Now I just need to figure out what the super rare no trade class specific quest drops are so I can add them to the ini...

Make yourself a Hotkey: /AUTOLOOT TURN OFF

And hope that when you are fighting a named epic event or something you remember to turn it off. Its the best way to be 100% sure your not going to autoloot the pegasus cloak on your SK who doesnt need it and the mage in your grp decides to mutiny!

Ok for your limited bag space consider these which are free and easy:

Featherweight Satchel of the Courier iconFeatherweight Satchel of the Courier long quest but I always do it for every character I make
Vrald's Silken Sack
Sturdy Traveler's Pack or is that the one you have?

then to just get you by for now in POK you can pick up a couple 10 slot deluxe toolboxes - I get mine from tinker vendors. Make sure you get the deluxe cause regular ones are only 8 slot.

I like this site for bags

Ok for your limited bag space consider these which are free and easy:

Featherweight Satchel of the Courier iconFeatherweight Satchel of the Courier long quest but I always do it for every character I make
Vrald's Silken Sack
Sturdy Traveler's Pack or is that the one you have?

then to just get you by for now in POK you can pick up a couple 10 slot deluxe toolboxes - I get mine from tinker vendors. Make sure you get the deluxe cause regular ones are only 8 slot.

I like this site for bags
You can also get those 10 slot deluxe toolboxes right in Crescent Reach. There is a tinker vendor in the back of the bank to the right. I do that every time now.

Oof! What level is your team up to now? I love the way you are working through this.

At 66 or 67 now. Farming the undead tower in The Hole for plat so I can buy spells. XP has slowed to a trickle but farming is fairly easy and enough spawns so I don't have much downtime. Loot seems good, get a decent amount of gems and jewelry and assorted armor/weapon pieces that sell for over 100pp. I estimate about 3-4Kpp/hour from vendor sales. All accounts are FTP so no bartering. I use/bank all defiant and augment drops.

Also managed to track down my CTRL key getting stuck problem this weekend!
And it had nothing to do with MQ2. I am using a G600 Logitech mouse and it has this extra button for your ring finger (assuming pointer on mouse 1 and middle finger on mouse 2). By default it has some weird binding (G-shift) and that ended up being the cause. When things got exciting I must have pressed down on that while I was switching characters using ctrl+shift+num and then things got messed up. Removed the mouse button binding and all good now.

All accounts can "barter" which is selling to someone set up in barter zone in bazaar offering to buy your stuff. And it can be done across zones.

Its setting up as a seller that F2P accounts cannot do.

Selling those drops to barter can be nice too but watch what they are offering since many times they offer well below even what an NPC merchant would.

All accounts can "barter" which is selling to someone set up in barter zone in bazaar offering to buy your stuff. And it can be done across zones.

Its setting up as a seller that F2P accounts cannot do.

Selling those drops to barter can be nice too but watch what they are offering since many times they offer well below even what an NPC merchant would.

Ah nice! I've just been vendoring tradeskill drops with a little voice in the back of my head crying every time. Will be sure to look into this!
And @Knightly also mentioned the AA vendor you can summon so really only need to head back to buy spells/skills.

Team is all level 66 at the moment. I have been picking up the level based gear quest from Franklin Teek in PoK. Some of these are long runs to get to and just don't feel worth the trip, like the one in Riwwi. I prefer the dungeons to open world.

Veksar
Franklin Teek quest sent me here. I was already pretty high level for the zone with white/yellow cons only towards the end. Once I managed to find a map and a guide on how to get to the end of Veksar it was fairly easy to get to a really good camp spot close to zone line (which is close to the entrance but you need to go through the whole zone to get there as the exit is one way, ramp over wall). Some pathing issues in certain areas where a path could not be found (better than alternative path that trains most of zone). Ended up manually walking everyone over these, two are stair/ramp related and there is also an underwater passage I don't think they auto drop down into. I think you can fix these with the map editor but haven't been annoyed enough yet to have a go at editing maps.

Easy single pulls most of the time, occasionally 2 if you pull from some of the side rooms. Named yellow spawns in one of the side rooms, somehow ended up aggroing about 5 mobs and the named. Ultra fast wipe. Did go back and kill the named when I was able to single pull it.

The Hole
After doing the armor quest x3 I headed to The Hole as it is mentioned in various places as a good spot. Serious Ogre issues getting here and inside, need to shrink in Paineel to get through tunnels. I was again over leveled for the start of the zone with the elementals being mostly green cons. If you don't know this zone prepare to get lost. I got lost so badly. And pathing issues. Close to the entrance you can drop down into a lower area to skip the elemental tower. Don't drop down and click "Come to me". Your group will path through the elemental tower. Lesson learned. I now position quite close to the edge and call the team, most will drop down by themselves and I manually walk any others over the edge.

After about an hour running around inside the elemental tower and not finding the path to the rest of the zone I finally closely analyzed a map. Realized I should never even have gone up into the tower, made my way down and finally started down a path leading to blue cons. From here it was fairly linear. Jumped down a big waterfall LEEERROOOOYYY! One of the berserkers managed to miss the pool at the bottom and went splat. After a hearty laugh at the dumb berserker I realized it was actually just me. I then thought I was stuck and origined out only to later discover there is cave blocked by a rock you can click to get to the part of the zone I was actually looking for.

After the run back, shrink, jump down, skip elemental tower, navigate down the caves and I finally made it the undead tower I was looking for. I spent quite a bit of time here. Initially high blue and white cons. Managed to get a few intricate defiant drops, loot is fairly good as well as xp.

Riwwi
Hated getting there. Difficult to pull. Dangerous roamers. I'll maybe go back in another 10 levels and slaughter entire zone out of spite. Thanks Franklin Teek but that's a hard no from me.

Barren Coast
Another Franklin Teek special. What is up with the insane amount of mobs here? Skeletons sneakily placed in hard to spot places for pull surprises. A huge blue wall between me and the camp I want to get to. Managed to swim around the big blue wall (I assume I can get on the ship as well?) to my target camp. Killed a mob I thought was for the quest, no credit. Google. Mobs are on the opposite side of the map. Make my way there. Mobs are in a cave with an aggro red con at the cave entrance. Ok... Invis past, set up camp. Minimum 2 pulls, cleric pacify too low level. Could handle 2 at a time. 3 got a little dicey. Killed 5 to complete quest and got the hell out of there. 1/5, do not recommend.

Don't forget LDON's. Do the adventure stone quest and then do the adventures. I like to move my 60 ish group there cause its really good exp. As is the Dranick Scar instances.

Nice to hear about your updates.!

Barren Coast
Another Franklin Teek special. What is up with the insane amount of mobs here? Skeletons sneakily placed in hard to spot places for pull surprises. A huge blue wall between me and the camp I want to get to. Managed to swim around the big blue wall (I assume I can get on the ship as well?) to my target camp. Killed a mob I thought was for the quest, no credit. Google. Mobs are on the opposite side of the map. Make my way there. Mobs are in a cave with an aggro red con at the cave entrance. Ok... Invis past, set up camp. Minimum 2 pulls, cleric pacify too low level. Could handle 2 at a time. 3 got a little dicey. Killed 5 to complete quest and got the hell out of there. 1/5, do not recommend.

this is a long tough quest but it’s an amazing aug for FTP. All the “mini” combine augs are prestige but the final combine for the hand is not. You’re right at the level to start and should push into your upper 70s as you complete the entire quest. The underwater mobs and their pathing will be as bad as any dungeon since you seem to be a glutton for punishment.

this is a long tough quest but it’s an amazing aug for FTP. All the “mini” combine augs are prestige but the final combine for the hand is not. You’re right at the level to start and should push into your upper 70s as you complete the entire quest. The underwater mobs and their pathing will be as bad as any dungeon since you seem to be a glutton for punishment.

I had this aug on me for years super cool aug. Along those lines is the parrot.
Jonas Dagmire's Skeletal Parrot :: Quests :: EverQuest :: ZAM (allakhazam.com)

long quest but pretty nice aug also, I think my 115 Monk is still wearing it, they should show the parrot on your shoulder in game that would be cool.

- limited bag space also hurts. Only have 10 slotter from PoK tutorial and an assortment of 6 slotters and other misc 4 slotters / crafting containers.
In PoK, you can buy 10 slot containers for 1PP each. On new toons I usually get this for both inventory and bankslots. Then you should have +300ish (?) slots on each toon.

Deluxe toolbox. It is used for tinkering, but since you are not a gnome, it will function as a regular container. You can find it on a tinker tool merchant, upstairs in a house East of small bank.

It will solve the bag space issue. =P

Question - Returning after nearly 20 years

Users who are viewing this thread

Back