• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

removing default MQ changes (colored text, etc.) (1 Viewer)

ohyesnine

RedCents
Hi,

I just started using MQ2 today. The ONLY thing I want it for is the DPS meter, because I hate loading up YALP after every good parse mob to see how it went. I contribute a lot of screenshots to Allakhazam and make raid videos for my guild etc. so obviously I can't have NPC names being weird colors, or my class being highlighted in an item link, or the pet owner being shown under the pet name etc. Is there any way to turn all of that stuff off? Thanks :)

What about LDR at the end of a group leader's name? I nearly sent a tell to somebody asking how they got LDR at the end of their name when I had /show 1 on o_O Thanks btw :)

I think you just Delete this part of your MacroQuest.ini

Rich (BB code):
[Captions]
Update=35
Player1=${If[${NamingSpawn.Mark},${NamingSpawn.Mark} - ,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.Trader},Trader ,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.Invis},(${NamingSpawn.DisplayName}),${NamingSpawn.DisplayName}]}${If[${NamingSpawn.AFK}, AFK,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.Linkdead}, LD,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.LFG}, LFG,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.GroupLeader}, LDR,]}
Player2=${If[${NamingSpawn.Mark},${NamingSpawn.Mark} - ,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.Trader},Trader ,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.Invis},(${NamingSpawn.DisplayName}),${NamingSpawn.DisplayName}]}${If[${NamingSpawn.Surname.Length}, ${NamingSpawn.Surname},]}${If[${NamingSpawn.AFK}, AFK,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.Linkdead}, LD,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.LFG}, LFG,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.GroupLeader}, LDR,]}
Player3=${If[${NamingSpawn.Mark},${NamingSpawn.Mark} - ,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.Trader},Trader ,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.Invis},(${NamingSpawn.DisplayName}),${NamingSpawn.DisplayName}]}${If[${NamingSpawn.Surname.Length}, ${NamingSpawn.Surname},]}${If[${NamingSpawn.AFK}, AFK,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.Linkdead}, LD,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.LFG}, LFG,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.GroupLeader}, LDR,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.Guild.Length},\n<${If[${NamingSpawn.GuildStatus.NotEqual[member]},${NamingSpawn.GuildStatus} of ,]}${NamingSpawn.Guild}>,]}
Player4=${If[${NamingSpawn.Mark},${NamingSpawn.Mark} - ,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.Trader},Trader ,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.AARank},${NamingSpawn.AATitle} ,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.Invis},(${NamingSpawn.DisplayName}),${NamingSpawn.DisplayName}]}${If[${NamingSpawn.Surname.Length}, ${NamingSpawn.Surname},]}${If[${NamingSpawn.Suffix.Length}, ${NamingSpawn.Suffix},]}${If[${NamingSpawn.AFK}, AFK,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.Linkdead}, LD,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.LFG}, LFG,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.GroupLeader}, LDR,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.Guild.Length},\n<${If[${NamingSpawn.GuildStatus.NotEqual[member]},${NamingSpawn.GuildStatus} of ,]}${NamingSpawn.Guild}>,]}
NPC=${If[${NamingSpawn.Mark},${NamingSpawn.Mark} - ,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.Assist},>> ,]}${NamingSpawn.DisplayName}${If[${NamingSpawn.Assist}, - ${NamingSpawn.PctHPs}%<<,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.Surname.Length},\n(${NamingSpawn.Surname}),]}
Corpse=${NamingSpawn.DisplayName}'s corpse
Pet=${If[${NamingSpawn.Mark},${NamingSpawn.Mark} - ,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.Assist},>> ,]}${NamingSpawn.DisplayName}${If[${NamingSpawn.Assist}, - ${NamingSpawn.PctHPs}%<<,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.Master.Type.Equal[PC]},\n(${NamingSpawn.Master}),]}

[Caption Colors]
PC=OFF
PC-Color=ff00ff
PCCon=OFF
PCPVPTeam=OFF
PCRaid=OFF
PCRaid-Color=ff7f
PCClass=OFF
PCGroup=OFF
PCGroup-Color=ffff00
PCTrader=ON
PCTrader-Color=ff7f00
NPC=OFF
NPC-Color=ff0000
NPCCon=ON
NPCClass=OFF
NPCMerchant=ON
NPCMerchant-Color=ff7f00
NPCBanker=ON
NPCBanker-Color=c800ff
NPCAssist=ON
NPCAssist-Color=ffff00
NPCMark=ON
NPCMark-Color=ffff00
PetNPC=OFF
PetNPC-Color=ff0000
PetPC=OFF
PetPC-Color=ffff00
PetClass=OFF
PetClass-Color=ff0000
Corpse=OFF
Corpse-Color=ff0000
CorpseClass=OFF
CorpseClass-Color=ff0000

I spoke too soon heh, seems that MacroQuest re-adds those lines itself every time I delete them. :( I'll try downloading the MQ source code myself and stopping that instead of just using a pre-compiled version.

Actually I believe all you need to do is type "/caption mqcaptions off" and either hide the MQ window under another, or "/unload mq2chatwnd". Then just reload the window after and "/caption mqcaptions on" to go back to MQ. or :

Rich (BB code):
Sub Main
   /caption MQCaptions off
   /delay 3
   /keypress FULLSCREEN
   /delay 2
   /keypress NETSTAT
   /delay 10
   /keypress SCREENCAP
   /delay 10
   /keypress NETSTAT
   /delay 2
   /keypress FULLSCREEN
   /delay 2
   /caption MQCaptions on
/endm

removing default MQ changes (colored text, etc.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back