• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Reds and ISBoxer non used window are flashing (1 Viewer)

RedCents
90¢
Hi I am using ISBoxer to run 9 account and when i am using ISboxer without Reds all my windows will be fine. However when I load up Reds all the windows ( the 8 windows at the bottom of my screen) Start to constantly flash in sequential order from left to right. And when i mean flash all the small windows on there screen start to shimmer. If i click on on if the below boxes it will pull up that chars window and it will stop flashing however the char that i switched will start to shimmer. Is this a setting or something within Reds or conflicting issues between the programs? My only thought was when i set up reds and copied my UI files in the updater maybe that did it?

As this is a minor nuisance and help would be greatly appreciated

Hey everquestman,

In short: This is normal.

Long version, it has to do with the framerate for refreshing graphics for the instances that are in the background. Flashing means it safes workload. ISboxer is set to keep the UI of each box at max framerate, so any inputs comeing from a macro for those boxes will be executed normal. But it wont render every frame for the environment on boxes you dont look at. The Flashes mean nothing else then that at this very moment the environment got a refresh with rendering. So instead of your computer redering like e.g. 50 frames of great looking landsscapes for 9 boxes each second. Your comps workload goes down to (depending on isboxer setup for background refreshrate) 8 boxes times e.g. 1 refresh every second plus 1 box refreshing 50 times a second.

Why does it happen when you load reds? Well that very moment ISboxer recons it has to keep every boxes UI in realtime for macro inputs, but can keep background landscape refreshing at minimum. And the different refreshrate in one window causes the flashing.

Hope I didnt explain it too complicated. Crystane.

Hey everquestman,

In short: This is normal.

Long version, it has to do with the framerate for refreshing graphics for the instances that are in the background. Flashing means it safes workload. ISboxer is set to keep the UI of each box at max framerate, so any inputs comeing from a macro for those boxes will be executed normal. But it wont render every frame for the environment on boxes you dont look at. The Flashes mean nothing else then that at this very moment the environment got a refresh with rendering. So instead of your computer redering like e.g. 50 frames of great looking landsscapes for 9 boxes each second. Your comps workload goes down to (depending on isboxer setup for background refreshrate) 8 boxes times e.g. 1 refresh every second plus 1 box refreshing 50 times a second.

Why does it happen when you load reds? Well that very moment ISboxer recons it has to keep every boxes UI in realtime for macro inputs, but can keep background landscape refreshing at minimum. And the different refreshrate in one window causes the flashing.

Hope I didnt explain it too complicated. Crystane.

Thanks Crystane im techy so i was able to track. Thanks for the input!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks wolfborn!

Question - Reds and ISBoxer non used window are flashing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back