• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Red Cents: Give back to your favorite posters. (1 Viewer)

Redbot

🖥️💖
RedCents
88,751¢
Pronouns
He/Him
UPDATE: Initial test over, thanks for participating everyone!
http://www.redguides.com/community/showthread.php?t=8136

You are given one Red Cent per day, learn how to spend it wisely!

Whenever you read a helpful post, I'd like you to pay the author back. You will see this button under their name:
reputation.gif

Click it, and they will receive your shiny Red Cent for the day. Or if you didn't like the post, you can charge them a Red Cent. You are kept anonymous (except from admins.)

If someone posts a good strategy, give them a Red Cent. If someone answers your question in the Q&A forum, show your appreciation.

You can see how many Red Cents you've recieved by checking the main page of your profile. If you don't see anything under "New Subscribed Threads" you haven't recieved any Red Cents yet.

This is in testing right now, but I still want to reward people who receive a good amount of Red Cents. They can expect a late christmas present around December 26th, which can range from a month's membership on Redguides to an Ipod to one of these little USB-drive keychains:
B0000B3AKR.01.THUMBZZZ.jpg

The monthly rewards will continue as normal, Red Cents are just a little extra. If you make a good post, it's ok to remind people to give you Cents.

Rules:
Don't give Red Cents to worthless posts (though you can give negatives for them), don't leave flames as comments, and don't team up with friends to cheat the system. Admins can track every Red Cent easily, and temporary bans will be handed out to anyone abusing the system as well as cents taken away.

In other words, don't be a jerk. Use the system for the reason it was made, to reward good posts.

Thanks to Karmacappa from our WoW section for coming up with the idea!

Last edited:
Great idea red, but one suggestion, dont think there should be a negative red cents, or else it will turn into a karma kind of thing like what happened on TZT. just positive, and if someone does something stupid, just leave it neutral. IE someone gets banned because of a new macro, of course theyre going to leave neg cents

I never read Tallon Zek Times, so I don't know what happened there. Like I said, this is just in testing. I'll definetly look over what happens with it in the next month.

I know there will be some good stuff that gets all bad reputation - for example, when somebody posted how to defeat the Auth system in MQ2, people were pissed. That would have gotten the author at least -20 cents.

But I want to see it in action first. If you post something controversial and get negative Red Cents, just know that Redbot is smiling down on you, and don't worry about what other people think.

I think its a good idea.....probably will cut down on the flame count :)

And I laughed out loud to this :

Redbot said:
just know that Redbot is smiling down on you, and don't worry about what other people think.

I've heard of a lot of different Jesus's....but the Robot Jesus?! rofl..

if one is given any red cents, will it show up in our profile or? it would be nice to know how many i have. dont really care about how many others have.
**EDIT** NM, i found out. just click the R (red cents icon) on a post you made to see how many you have.

for no since things are cleaned up there will be no more threads hard deleted untill Red has this whole thing worked out. But things maybe moved to proper threads.

Aye, on TZT what happened was people started to use it just as a... almost a joke thing, lol. like, someone tries to make a joke, but it didnt make them laugh so they give em neg points, stuff like that.

EDIT.. just like that, i post some information about something that possibly could happen and i get a -1 cent with the comment no more the sky is falling post, mostlikely by the guy who said that in that post. so.. my question, what did i do offensive, besides post information?

Last edited:
lol, I have already a negative against my name... thats what happens when you try to ask people not to flame here... it is a good idea Red, but already going bad IMHO :)

<-------------

If you want to opt-out of this little experiment, you are welcome to do so via your profile.

so what if you have negative points. it doesnt hurt you in any way, it only helps you if you have positive points. gives you 2 chances to get stuff, via points/poll. both you can work to achieve, or choose not to. its all up the the person.

I think the Red Cent concept is pretty interesting, though I have one small suggestion. If someone is going to ding you with a negative cent, I think they should have to put a reason in the comment block. I feel this is a good idea just so the original poster can maybe get an idea on what he needs to improve on. Not that I really care, but I did notice that my post with my compile got a negative cent from someone, and I don't really know why.

Oh well, that's just my two (red?) cents!
~Moonspell

I like the idea. Reward the contributors as you see fit. Charge the retards as you see fit. Do nothing or say nothing if you dont want to participate. Works for me. :)

everyone keep in mind that this is the beta test for RED CENTS. There will be some changes to the system. I know some are having issues atm with negative redcents. Keep in mind Red is working on a way to reward people. If you have suggetions please post them here.

BUT WARNING THIS IS NOT THE PLACE TO FLAME ABOUT AN ISSUE IF YOU see it already posted then move on. TAKE issues to the Moderators and admins via EMAIL/PM.

At this point with Admins so busy might want to pass issues to moderators first so we can pass it on to the right person.

I like the system, Red. Works really well and it makes me feel good to reward people who contribute with redcents. Nice to see some people are getting some well deserved prizes.

It would be REALLY cool if people who aquired enough negative redcents be banned. :P I see a potential for abuse in that thought though......

Red Cents: Give back to your favorite posters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back