• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Ranger Question (lvl115) (1 Viewer)

The_Unknown

RedCents
12¢
Hello!

Help Question- Is there a setting to have the ranger back up so he can fire his bow?

Ive been trying everything and he isn’t moving back so he can bow, even with chase on or off or with follow me command he just won’t back up to bow. Pretty much I have to set him in a spot and hope that I bring the mob close enough so he can bow and still does his kicks.

I can see why people don’t bother with having a ranger in their crew.

If anyone knows! Thank you a bunch, I’m assuming I’ll just end up having to have him melee instead.

Im new to the MQ world, so I’m slowly putting together a worth wild macro for him.

So I’m not sure how to actually have him move into and out of range, but if you place him at a good distance and run kissassist it should engage. The ini I has a condition for when mobs are x close to melee an when over x to use bow. It also use bandoleer.

[Melee]
AssistAt=98
MeleeOn=0
FaceMobOn=1
MeleeDistance=150
StickHow=55 moveback
AutoFireOn=1
UseMQ2Melee=0
TargetSwitchingOn=1

here is a KA .ini you can modify for yourself that you can use.
MeleeDistance is how far back you want to be. Its not actually just for melee, its useful for getting into range to use your bow. Autofire should be on (1) and melee should be off (0).

I love my ranger and can put out some great dps still.

So I’m not sure how to actually have him move into and out of range, but if you place him at a good distance and run kissassist it should engage. The ini I has a condition for when mobs are x close to melee an when over x to use bow. It also use bandoleer.
Thank you, I’ll have to look into that, I heard of the plugins, just confuse with it.

[Melee]
AssistAt=98
MeleeOn=0
FaceMobOn=1
MeleeDistance=150
StickHow=55 moveback
AutoFireOn=1
UseMQ2Melee=0
TargetSwitchingOn=1

here is a KA .ini you can modify for yourself that you can use.
MeleeDistance is how far back you want to be. Its not actually just for melee, its useful for getting into range to use your bow. Autofire should be on (1) and melee should be off (0).

I love my ranger and can put out some great dps still.
I’ll give this a shot when I get home. I’m guessing the ranger will automatic move himself into that distance to bow and kick?

Thank you!

It’s also worth mentioning that rangers are better off meleeing with a 2-hander when pureshot disc isn’t available.

It’s also worth mentioning that rangers are better off meleeing with a 2-hander when pureshot disc isn’t available.
Definitely agree with you. I’ve taken the ini from the guy who created a melee only script and did some changes and it seems to be working great. I was just more curious if there was a actual script where the ranger would automatically move himself to the correct distance to bow attack.

example, I bring mob to camp and I get too close to the ranger, he will still do his spam but will have the auto fire going off saying he’s too close to range and he wouldn’t automatically move back to fix the distance thing himself.

It seems like in general you gotta place him right or place the mob right for him to do his range thing.

Melee thing works fine, this expansion seems like they mainly gave rangers more AAs into their weapons vs the bow.

Definitely agree with you. I’ve taken the ini from the guy who created a melee only script and did some changes and it seems to be working great. I was just more curious if there was a actual script where the ranger would automatically move himself to the correct distance to bow attack.

example, I bring mob to camp and I get too close to the ranger, he will still do his spam but will have the auto fire going off saying he’s too close to range and he wouldn’t automatically move back to fix the distance thing himself.

It seems like in general you gotta place him right or place the mob right for him to do his range thing.

Melee thing works fine, this expansion seems like they mainly gave rangers more AAs into their weapons vs the bow.
You have to be careful with that, as it could move you back into an add area, places like velks for example

Question - Ranger Question (lvl115)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back