• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - random black screen on login using wineq (1 Viewer)

RedCents
2,294¢
Anyone having random black screens while loading up profiles from wineq? I will pick the toon and it will launch a black screen and freeze so I have to close it out and try again, worst was 10 times on one account with another 8 on the next toon then another 5 on another toon.

Anyone having random black screens while loading up profiles from wineq? I will pick the toon and it will launch a black screen and freeze so I have to close it out and try again, worst was 10 times on one account with another 8 on the next toon then another 5 on another toon.

I used WinEQ2 just last night and had no issues with it. Maybe screen grab your profiles and post 'em? More likely something in the underlying computer environment has changed? New video drivers? Windows updates? Crashed components?

its something to do with the bypass we all use to load eq. Happens even when you use Launchpad sometimes, but a lot when you bypass the Launchpad, so far the only thing you can do is reload the toon to get it to load

my setup hasnt changed in 8 years, so still using windows 7. Could be video drivers since those were last updated october of last year but the issue only recently came up with the eq patch that allowed support for newer hardware, so a compatablity issue with older framework could be an issue. I was just wondering if people have been getting it with ISboxer, mq2autologin, wineq, or patcher considering there has to be a common link that is causing it. A needle in a hay stack sort of link.

I use WinEQ2 when running a single character for raiding and I use ISBoxer for my 6-man bot team. This is on a Win10-1803 box with an AMD R9-200 graphics card and I'm not getting anything unusual happening during the login process. One thing I've done recently however was revert to the Windows Update supplied version of my AMD driver. It seems whenever I use the newer AMD drivers I keep getting video card resets for no apparent reason. These video resets happen even when I'm not gaming like just running a web browser. And the video card is running very cool because I have a large Antec case with lotsa fans and I keep it cleaned out with a special dust blowing device that's like a leaf blower but only for cleaning computers. https://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod...2&cm_re=datavac_blower-_-96-367-002-_-Product

I did a lot of research personally and then decided to live with it. I am also using geforce... Try this...

1. Disable absolutely everything. I even went in msconfig and disabled all startup apps and rebooted.
    1. Disable all overlays...
    2. Disable any video recording things that attach, like the geforce overlay
    3. Disable everything you can...
  2. Load Everquest from the eqgame.exe (You will need the nopatch attribute)
  3. You will notice, without wineq or mq, or whatever else gets loaded, the issue still happens about 50% of the time... it is more frequent when loading multiple clients at the same time.
  4. This just proves it is a problem with your computer and the eq game... I personally think it is a framework update with directx... but it is maybe a total of 2 minute delay everytime I load... so I live with it.

Question - random black screen on login using wineq

Users who are viewing this thread

Back