• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Quick Question about Flags (1 Viewer)

swag

RedCents
I'm not flagged for zones like Vex Thall and if I use Piggyzone to force myself into Vex Thal I am able to stay in the zone without being booted. Why is this?

As far as I understand it .... you can get yourself into zone's without keys or flags... but if you are in a zone that requires a FLAG you will get booted after the 3 minute timer.

Vex Thal is a zone which requires a KEY ... zone's with a KEY requirement you will stay inside. Supposedly a GM could technically check to see if you have a key or a flag for a zone though.

Hope that helps some.

from how I understand piggy you'd only get stuck at the entrance to that zone and be waiting to get in. You'd see some error like you need a key or such.

Here's why:

Piggyzone calls an offset within eqgame.exe. When you try to zone into a keyed zone like VT, eqgame checks to see if you have a key to it, if you do, it calls the offset. If you don't, you get the error. Piggyzone, however, just calls the offset without doing any checks. The reason that this doesn't work with flagged zones is the check for a flag occurs inside the zone also, constantly.

Cade said:
Here's why:

Piggyzone calls an offset within eqgame.exe. When you try to zone into a keyed zone like VT, eqgame checks to see if you have a key to it, if you do, it calls the offset. If you don't, you get the error. Piggyzone, however, just calls the offset without doing any checks. The reason that this doesn't work with flagged zones is the check for a flag occurs inside the zone also, constantly.
hmm... detour anyone? *innocent aura*

Well, yes. But if I'm not mistaken it will throw an Invunerablity on you that will not show up on your buff bar. Information was provided from an unknown source. Thanks to specific person =)

-TurkReno

hrmm...from what I was told, its not something that you cast, its something that the server casts...then again it was against a specific lock, so I'm not sure if it will work.

-TurkReno

Quick Question about Flags

Users who are viewing this thread

Back