• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Quick CachedBuff question (1 Viewer)

joojoobee

A Member to Remember
RedCents
4,247¢
I presume the CachedBuff is only updated on targeting? I've not used it before but wanted to make sure as I have a buff script I want to write and I want to think through the logic.

I presume the CachedBuff is only updated on targeting? I've not used it before but wanted to make sure as I have a buff script I want to write and I want to think through the logic.

Haaaaaaaave ya tried DanNet? It does literally this in real time with 100% accuracy and doesn't require targeting at all, all while being inexpensive network traffic.

install dannet
have a list of buffs
cycle the buff lists finding SPAs you want to check for
use dannet to ask your bot if they have that SPA.
cast it on bot or move on to next.
5 boxes, over 70 SPA checks, ~1 second time. 2 if everyone just woke up from an old man nap.

accurate buffing poll to the instant. no dealing with dated, target required buff checking.

i would resort them to a buff beg method then. if theres people on the other side of the KB, dont slow your bots down keeping track of their buffs. Just let them ask the bot for what they want.

Question - Quick CachedBuff question

Users who are viewing this thread

Back