• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - questions about test server (1 Viewer)

unhing3d

BANNED
RedCents
22¢
if i testcopy my toons to test is it true that you get free gold sub? can i then cancel the gold on my live servers?

do characters get wiped ever from the test server?

I bought 1 ToV for my tank and i’m max lvl and aa up to RoS and don’t plan on buying 5 copies of the expansion.

Will my KA inis and mq2berzerker work okay on test?

One thing about tradeskills is the materials are transferrable just like the plat is. You can farm a couple stacks of something on live, give it to a free L1 toon on Live then /testcopy. keep doing that till you have enough for a few hundred combines and you are set. I did that with most of my tradeskills upto 300.

One thing about tradeskills is the materials are transferrable just like the plat is. You can farm a couple stacks of something on live, give it to a free L1 toon on Live then /testcopy. keep doing that till you have enough for a few hundred combines and you are set. I did that with most of my tradeskills upto 300.
nice thanks !

Also most people on test have stuff to transfer over, armor etc. When I moved over, transferred to FV and bought some items to transfer over for new toons just to make life a lot easier

@Blacklions1 where were you this weekend? it took me three days of farming to finally get slugworms to drop for my shaman. Thankfully he is now at 350 skill. J/k 😁

@unhing3d On a serious note, test is a great place and if you need TS mats or something made, just ask. You can /testcopy a toon once every 8 hours. I say this because, trust me, you will forget something on a toon and need to go to live to get it.

Doesn't test still have the issues with instances not resetting till they reset the server? I think that was the main thing that turned me off about test, or am I wrong?

Last edited:
I don't raid so not sure about them. I know the GH, GMM and Hatchery are working now and have heard no complaints in general about instances having a problem.

Awesome! appreciate the information! I stopped playing there mostly because of the instances issues, but might have to make a return now knowing that! Thanks!

Have a question for ya'll. What makes you stay on live? If you have friends or a good guild that I understand. However, is test the place to be if those things are gone? I'm considering a move too test now knowing the instances are somewhat fixed, but making the job worries me of course lol. Lots of time invested as we all have, I just want to be sure its all good. Thanks all

Looking for pros and cons.

Pros
Free gold sub
Double exp (well like FV)

Con
Down times can be long, and unknown, but so can live (as we've noticed).

Down times are not normally unknown. Just like live we have a patch schedule and it’s pretty consistent. When you get surprise downtime is when they patch to test and something is broke. Which is kind of the whole point of test. One con would be there is not a big raid scene if you’re into raiding current content. We have one large guild which does open raids every weekend, but it’s like EOK and prior.

Have a question for ya'll. What makes you stay on live? If you have friends or a good guild that I understand. However, is test the place to be if those things are gone? I'm considering a move too test now knowing the instances are somewhat fixed, but making the job worries me of course lol. Lots of time invested as we all have, I just want to be sure its all good. Thanks all

Looking for pros and cons.

Pros
Free gold sub
Double exp (well like FV)

Con
Down times can be long, and unknown, but so can live (as we've noticed).
go for it, /testcopy doesn’t delete your live chars. I spent about twenty minutes swapping all my inis for my 6box team. Copy the EQ folder and use that to patch test

One warning about /testcopy. Let's say you have been playing on Test a while and have an uber geared, max AA'd toon on Test named Supertank. You also have a lvl 10 bazaar mule on Drinal named Supertank with a ton of stuff you want to copy. If you /testcopy on Supertank from Drinal, it WILL overwrite Supertank on Test. There is nothing "they" can do to fix that for you.

make sure to log off or zone before you test copy right after getting the items as it wont save to your character immediately, i learned the hard way

Thanks all I appreciate the information. I've kinda gone the way of thinking of going to test before, but with some fixes I would def enjoy test. Biggest thing for me is most of the people I know on CT have quit, so its kinda meh while playing. Even though I group myself, its nice to help others out or at least have a friendly conversation!

Test is basically the same ruleset and expansions available for all FTP on Live. So as of right now everything is FTP up to TBL, with ToV dropping June/July time most likely it will go live on Test before it goes live on Live servers.

With exception is you get free gold access (for on test only), IE you don't get the free DB cash each month and if there are free gold membership give aways such as the anniversary familiar/illusion the free gold access on test does not give that.

With playing on test it has more downtime than Live from DPG and RG respectfully but usually not too bad.

Question - questions about test server

Users who are viewing this thread

Back