• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Question - Question of 3rd Account (1 Viewer)

Jax

RedCents
418¢
Hey guys,

I'm going to download KISSAssist and whatever else I need to pretty much automate things. I work from home a lot so making EQ level mostly AFK while keeping an eye on things is very appealing.

I consider my main a SK, I also did a heroic 85 Bard so I am debating a druid or wizard for the transportation utility and DPS of a third heroic to box.

I want to get opinions of those who have used KISSAssist and MQ2 for which I should setup as my third.

I'm thinking the extra healing from the druid versus just the merc healer might weigh in favor of the druid. DPS is one thing, but living and continue pulling/fighting means a lot more DPS over time. :)

Thoughts?

My first character ever was druid. And though they seem to be harder to set up they offer so much versatility. I started with warrior/monk/druid group using mercs and quickly found out healer mercs just don't cut it at higher levels. I added a real cleric and wizard, the last spot is still unsettled been trying different classes to see what works best for me.

Go with the wiz....merc healer works fine in most zones you would be leveling in. With afnuke running, the wiz dps will aid in faster kills. Merc wizards cant hold a candle to a wizard running afnuke...or Raz's afnuke2. With that set up, you should be rocking levels in no time.

Everyone will have a different opinion here. I like having the healing backup (shm here) so DRU is good for all that; BU healing, DPS, transportation. Can't beat it.

You will outgrow mercs, but use them as long as you can. Wiz mercs do well to fill out a grp and offer 'decent' DPS. You will eventually need a real cleric, but the DPS mercs can fill out the rest of the grp. Don't forget you get an XP bonus for a full grp so use your DPS mercs.

under level 100 wiz merc, hell any mercs do fine, over 100 they show how weak they can be...

That being said, if I was to start over, I would make a tank 1st, then a real cleric, then a mezzer of some kind. With those 3 you can do mercs all casters and own the world! And when you desire a 4th then a Wiz is my obvious choice. Always remember a CLERIC can rez you IN combat a merc cleric cannot! That is HUGE!

Question - Question of 3rd Account

Users who are viewing this thread

Back