• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Question about AAs (1 Viewer)

Kingkiller71

RedCents
1,255¢
So, I'm back on the grind for all things exp, and that includes AAs.

I've been listening to a conversation on my server and it led me to a few things that I didn't know where a thing - or if I've just misunderstood something. Hopefully someone can help me out.

1. I have all expansions (29/29), yet I've never noticed that I don't see any NoS AAs in my list or from some of the other expansions.

Do I only see them if I've reached the max of the AA from the previous expansion? So, if a RoS AA goes to 35, once I buy all 35, I see a new expansion version of it and it then goes up to 35/40 etc?
Or does the name in the expansion column change as I get nearer to the 35/35?

2. If I'm grinding AAs now, is it worth actually spending any as I understand everything upto NoS will be autogranted when LS comes out (or shortly after?)
3. The 'special' glyphs. I've never bought any and I see they only work on lower level spells / abilities. Do I need to buy up all the lower levels before they start to become useful? I'm thinking the answer is yes, but I don't want to go down the rabbit hole with my banked AAs if they don't.

1. Yes. It shows you the era required for the next AA. So if you didn't have the expansion and it showed NOS, then you wouldn't be able to purchase the AA.
2. Don't grind AA's until you've obtained all the auto grant imho. Just turn on autogrant and level up. Once you've gotten all the autogrant AAs then you can consider doing manual AA grinding.
3. Glyphs have "tiers" also, you'll buy higher tiers when you've leveled up and obtained enough AAs that you can throw them away on glyphs.

1. Yes. It shows you the era required for the next AA. So if you didn't have the expansion and it showed NOS, then you wouldn't be able to purchase the AA.
2. Don't grind AA's until you've obtained all the auto grant imho. Just turn on autogrant and level up. Once you've gotten all the autogrant AAs then you can consider doing manual AA grinding.
3. Glyphs have "tiers" also, you'll buy higher tiers when you've leveled up and obtained enough AAs that you can throw them away on glyphs.
Thanks for the response sir!

I do have autogrant turned on and I'm assuming as I'm now 120, I've got all they're going to give me this time around until LS comes out.

Sounds like I should go down the Glyphs or Tradeskills AA route until after the next round of autogrant is given (when LS comes out?)

Thanks for the response sir!

I do have autogrant turned on and I'm assuming as I'm now 120, I've got all they're going to give me this time around until LS comes out.

Sounds like I should go down the Glyphs or Tradeskills AA route until after the next round of autogrant is given (when LS comes out?)
I see, if you're already 120 and autogranted up then you should get AAs. Just because another expansion is coming doesn't mean autogrant will be available at launch, and you can probably max AA in the month between now and then depending on how hard you play.

But it's always a safe bet if you do want to wait for them to just grab those general AAs that are never autogranted.

What level are you? I notice on my level 120 he can see all AA thru NOS etc (even the ones greyed out which mean he doesn't have those) but my 85 cannot see those.

autogrant only works up to lvl 110 .. after lvl 110 no more autogrant .. they may change that once LS comes out but as for now 110 is it.. most people lvl to 120 before they start grinding for AA's as lvl is more important than aa's .. however if your a class that needs them ie a tank then its good to grab aa's as you lvl once past the autogrant lvl of 110 ..

most the aa's are have an expansion next to it such as your combat agility and stability once your past the 110 for autogrant it will say for example CS (combat stability ) 45/60 torment of Velious .. once you buy additional ranks that will change you'll start to see 50/60 Claws of veshan .. 55/60 Terror of Luclin 60/60 Night of shadow .. etc.. those numbers are prolly way off but you get the idea.. and actually i just looked on my toon and Combat agility is 89/89 night of shadow and Combat stability is 98/98 night of shadow .. armor of wisdom is 54/55 night of shadow .. so as you lvl each teir the expansion will change .. they usually give 4 or 5 ranks per expansion .. so it might take a few teirs till the expansion changes ..

it doesnt make sense to buy AA's if your below 110 you'd just be throwing aa's away sense autogrant will take care of them .. there are a few exceptions like the Tradeskill AA's dont count and will not be autogranted ..

also in case you didnt know .. any aa's you get whether autogranted or earned bought by you post 110 if you revert back to silver or F2P status you keep all the aa's .. you wont be able to earn anymore but you can keep and use the ones you already have..

autogrant only works up to lvl 110 .. after lvl 110 no more autogrant .. they may change that once LS comes out but as for now 110 is it.. most people lvl to 120 before they start grinding for AA's as lvl is more important than aa's .. however if your a class that needs them ie a tank then its good to grab aa's as you lvl once past the autogrant lvl of 110 ..

most the aa's are have an expansion next to it such as your combat agility and stability once your past the 110 for autogrant it will say for example CS (combat stability ) 45/60 torment of Velious .. once you buy additional ranks that will change you'll start to see 50/60 Claws of veshan .. 55/60 Terror of Luclin 60/60 Night of shadow .. etc.. those numbers are prolly way off but you get the idea.. and actually i just looked on my toon and Combat agility is 89/89 night of shadow and Combat stability is 98/98 night of shadow .. armor of wisdom is 54/55 night of shadow .. so as you lvl each teir the expansion will change .. they usually give 4 or 5 ranks per expansion .. so it might take a few teirs till the expansion changes ..

it doesnt make sense to buy AA's if your below 110 you'd just be throwing aa's away sense autogrant will take care of them .. there are a few exceptions like the Tradeskill AA's dont count and will not be autogranted ..

also in case you didnt know .. any aa's you get whether autogranted or earned bought by you post 110 if you revert back to silver or F2P status you keep all the aa's .. you wont be able to earn anymore but you can keep and use the ones you already have..
Thanks for this. You hit on an obvious point that I'd never thought of; the autogrant stops at 110. For some reason, I just assumed when LS came out, all of the older ones would have been auto granted lol.

It took me to see it in black and white to realise that was never the case. It also means I've got a lot more AA grinding to do than I thought I had - yikes!

Yup, I noticed this as well. One thing that is a bit strange (maybe by design) is that I have a few characters around 113-114 with over 100AAs banked and now they autogrant up to 115, there is very little to actually spend those AAs on apart from tradeskills. I assume they'll open back up again once I level past the auto grant levels.

Discussion - Question about AAs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back