• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Quest status in MQ2 log (1 Viewer)

RedCents
5,454¢
Trying to figure out how to turn on the quest status info for a character (see image for example). I have one character that isn't relaying status updates to the MQ2 log. I'm sure it's some switch I haven't set, but my searching is failing me in finding it. Also searched through my ini files to see if there was a setting that my other characters had, but nothing stood out.QuestStatus.png

Trying to figure out how to turn on the quest status info for a character (see image for example). I have one character that isn't relaying status updates to the MQ2 log. I'm sure it's some switch I haven't set, but my searching is failing me in finding it. Also searched through my ini files to see if there was a setting that my other characters had, but nothing stood out.View attachment 31147
you can use mq2events to relay event updates if your automation for that particular toon doesn't have it built-in (like a cwtn plugin)

this is some mq2events snippet that chat shared a while back
INI:
[taskupdate] trigger="Your task '#1#' has been updated#*#" 
command=/bc Task Update ${EventArg1} now on step ${Task[${EventArg1}].Step.Index}:${Task[${EventArg1}].Step}.

you can use mq2events to relay event updates if your automation for that particular toon doesn't have it built-in (like a cwtn plugin)

this is some mq2events snippet that chat shared a while back
INI:
[taskupdate] trigger="Your task '#1#' has been updated#*#"
command=/bc Task Update ${EventArg1} now on step ${Task[${EventArg1}].Step.Index}:${Task[${EventArg1}].Step}.

Thanks. The taskupdate definition is what I was missing. I didn't even have an event file for this character yet.

Question - Quest status in MQ2 log

Users who are viewing this thread

Back