• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Proper Group to start (1 Viewer)

Mighty

RedCents
45¢
So I am fooling around with the idea of using a Shadow Knight, Bard, Berserker, Cleric, Shaman, and Mage. I would be starting over at Level 1 and this would be my first 6 box. Thoughts? Anyone on whether this would be a viable setup. Im thinking the SK would be a All access account and everything else would remain F2P.

Looks like a great start to me, later on though the shaman could heal the group due to the life taping from the SK.. I myself am doing a simular set up with with the SK I felt like i just wanted a single healer type. With belts now having a slow proc I went with a SK, Monk, Zerker, Cleric, Bard, Mag, but I did Level the Shaman. New content can be rough after EoK so a cleric heals most likely will be needed. But if I can get away with Shaammy heals I would rather it over cleric for the added DoT dps.. Way I look at it faster it get dead the less dang healing a SK needs. There are Bard weps that have heal procs for the targets taret aka the SK, and so once i get past EoK might try the shaman out see what will fly. Stopping my new crew at 105 for some AA and to do the cleric/zerker/sk/bard eipics

I use a warrior tank, but the rest is identical to my main 6box. It works great. DPS is high, heals are solid, buffs all there. CoH is super useful. If starting from scratch, tweaks to *maybe* consider: swap a beastlord for the shaman, you keep slows but sacrifice a slight downgrade in buffs for increased melee dps.

Bard will really push you dps and has outstanding pulling ability. The only downfall is the 3 second cast time for mez. BUT! with the cleric, sham, sk, and even mage. You will have a great bag of tricks to fall back on when you need to mez more than one mob in a hurry. Also practice and don't get stuck in a rut. No long agao i use wind debuff on mage and faded, then cast DA on main tank so yo could pull back to the group, not need a heal, So the bard would have time to cast aoe mez and lower his change of getting resisted.

Question - Proper Group to start

Users who are viewing this thread

Back