• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Proper character names for my box team? (1 Viewer)

Tonydews

RedCents
602¢
This may seem a bit far fetched, but I was wonder if my box character names should stay subtle? I am mainly playing on test (where most people don't care and box their own thing anyway), but right now my pattern goes as follows (not my actual names at this moment) "Tonysk, Tonysham, Tony bard, Tonyfists etc.". I was wondering if that is too obvious, enough to earn my a perma ban even on Test server? I know the general rule is to keep a low profile when boxing on live servers, but what about Test server? Should I re-create those characters with more subtle names or is it okay and not that much of an issue?
Update: I changed the names to be more individually unique, each of them.

Last edited:
there is tons of players that do it your way, of cause its more obvious to real players that you are a boxer and may even be using mq, but i dont think on test that matters much, i feel there is more boxers on test than most servers.

i personally try and make "proper" fantasy like names for my toons, sometimes i get some crap so i can never remember what my rogue is called or my beastlord, but oh well

I just google name generators and have it make names for me. Better than sticking to a formula to increase exposure. Formulas are easier to identify what toons are what for your boxes, but I have found over time with any name, you will make the association anyway.

This may seem a bit far fetched, but I was wonder if my box character names should stay subtle? I am mainly playing on test (where most people don't care and box their own thing anyway), but right now my pattern goes as follows "Tonysk, Tonysham, Tony bard, Tonyfists etc.". I was wondering if that is too obvious, enough to earn my a perma ban even on Test server? I know the general rule is to keep a low profile when boxing on live servers, but what about Test server? Should I re-create those characters with more subtle names or is it okay and not that much of an issue?
I also don't think a naming scheme like this necessarily implies MQ use. I've seen some variation of that used on many occasions by strangers and guildmates. Boxing, yes. Third party programs, not necessarily.

This may seem a bit far fetched, but I was wonder if my box character names should stay subtle? I am mainly playing on test (where most people don't care and box their own thing anyway), but right now my pattern goes as follows "Tonysk, Tonysham, Tony bard, Tonyfists etc.". I was wondering if that is too obvious, enough to earn my a perma ban even on Test server? I know the general rule is to keep a low profile when boxing on live servers, but what about Test server? Should I re-create those characters with more subtle names or is it okay and not that much of an issue?
Step one. Don't post your character names on the 3rd party website. <~If those are your real names, may consider altering your post lol.
Step two. Name your characters as if they were individuals.
Step three. Don't afk.

I purposefully changed
Step one. Don't post your character names on the 3rd party website. <~If those are your real names, may consider altering your post lol.
Step two. Name your characters as if they were individuals.
Step three. Don't afk.
I purposefully changed them to be more unique and individual. Not naming them now obviously, but I'm glad I asked for this reason.

The GM's aren't looking at your names. They are looking at what your doing or have done.

But I find groups of players with names like Boogie, Booger, Boogest, Boogly etc silly. And while I went down that road of naming my characters like Johnwarr, Johndru, Johnchant people made rude comments in chat. Seemed to make them feel like I didn't have enough imagination to create cute names like they did. But their names made no sense and you could not tell if those are i or L or ???? And then right now I know of two players who have been trying for years to get the next name in the sequence they made but have not been able to. Oh and that one person that put a letter in wrong and parceled all that chase loot to the wrong name.

The GM's aren't looking at your names. They are looking at what your doing or have done.

But I find groups of players with names like Boogie, Booger, Boogest, Boogly etc silly. And while I went down that road of naming my characters like Johnwarr, Johndru, Johnchant people made rude comments in chat. Seemed to make them feel like I didn't have enough imagination to create cute names like they did. But their names made no sense and you could not tell if those are i or L or ???? And then right now I know of two players who have been trying for years to get the next name in the sequence they made but have not been able to. Oh and that one person that put a letter in wrong and parceled all that chase loot to the wrong name.
I could never understood the desire to make a toon name "lilillliiiilili". Made it a nightmare to message or create an assist key back in the day for that, LOL.

This may seem a bit far fetched, but I was wonder if my box character names should stay subtle? I am mainly playing on test (where most people don't care and box their own thing anyway), but right now my pattern goes as follows (not my actual names at this moment) "Tonysk, Tonysham, Tony bard, Tonyfists etc.". I was wondering if that is too obvious, enough to earn my a perma ban even on Test server? I know the general rule is to keep a low profile when boxing on live servers, but what about Test server? Should I re-create those characters with more subtle names or is it okay and not that much of an issue?
Update: I changed the names to be more individually unique, each of them.
The Grinch Smiling GIF by The Good Films

Fuck no…make them funny and outlandish…like the grinch…or thing one, thing two…etc

Give good ole ChatGPT/OpenAI a run for generations with any random input =)

example input: "10 funny fantasy male names for an adventure team"

Certainly! Here are 10 funny fantasy male names for an adventure team:

1. Chucklebeard the Gigglesmith
  2. Snickersnap the Absurd
  3. Quirkus the Quizzical
  4. Dinglehop the Clumsy Crusader
  5. Guffawstone the Chuckling Knight
  6. Bumblegrin the Jovial Rogue
  7. Flibbertigibbet the Whimsical Wizard
  8. Sir Wobblepants the Unsteady
  9. Jesterfingers the Laughing Ranger
  10. Tittertop the Punny Paladin
These names should add a touch of humor and amusement to your adventure team!

i set my group xxxa,xxxb etc
usually only my group in one zone(silver account,so usually old expan zones) makes me thinking i were playing a single pc game...

Not all servers are as popular as fv,i think.

1. Chucklebeard the Gigglesmith
  2. Snickersnap the Absurd
  3. Quirkus the Quizzical
  4. Dinglehop the Clumsy Crusader
  5. Guffawstone the Chuckling Knight
  6. Bumblegrin the Jovial Rogue
  7. Flibbertigibbet the Whimsical Wizard
  8. Sir Wobblepants the Unsteady
  9. Jesterfingers the Laughing Ranger
  10. Tittertop the Punny Paladin
It really went downhill after Chucklebeard

Erm...

4 letters is the minimum for an EQ character name

You folks have toons with more than 4 letter names?
I do admit i'll sometimes go 5 letters, and I do actually have 2-3 with 6 letters but those were from launch in 99 and I didnt know better then.

Question - Proper character names for my box team?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back