• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Progression to pump up my warrior (1 Viewer)

W

Wolfborn

Heard a rumor the other day that going back and doing older progression can help pump up my warrior.

Is that true?

If so are there any specific expansions that I need to do?

I did a quick search on here and EQ forums but my search foo is not strong today.

Heard a rumor the other day that going back and doing older progression can help pump up my warrior.

Is that true?

If so are there any specific expansions that I need to do?

I did a quick search on here and EQ forums but my search foo is not strong today.
going back and doing the achievements that give you the three "Hero's" things in your Special AA tab really add up

1581175061818.png

Hero's Fort goes to 70 ranks and it gives you AC, atk power, and max amount of atk power you can get from items
Hero's Reso goes to 35 ranks and it gives you an increase in total max str, sta, agi, dex, wis, int, and cha - increase health, mana, and endurance regen, and max health and mana regen can be increased with by items
Hero's Vitality goes to 70 ranks - increases max health, mana, endurance, and amount of unconscious health you have

Yes, you're going to want to get all your hero aas, and especially hero's fort (an increase of 700 ac!). The hero aas start in CoTF, so you're going to need to do all progression starting there to complete them all.

These start with CotF expansion. You'll want to do all Partisan and Mercenary tasks as well as Hero missions and the accompanying Conquest and Savior achievements.

Do the mobs adjust to your level?
I did some COTF back in the day and remember the mobs scaled to my team.
Is there a limit?
Team is 112 - 113

I could be mistaken, but I don’t think the mobs scale past 100 in CoTF
For a short time all missions like HAs scaled to group level. It was done to get people to stop flipping Gribble HAs. People went crazy on the forums and many lost their minds. Daybreak reversed it and missions once again only scale to the max level of that expansion.

Just an FYI, but proper Hero missions *never* scale. I say proper, because they experimented with TBM missions (which are, in fact, different systems than Heroic Adventures). TBM was a one-off that they didn't repeat.

So you have Hero missions, which are set in level, Heroic Adventures which scale down to the highest level of the group but do not go higher than the then current level cap and TBM variant missions which scale down similar to HAs but are actually hero missions

Digging deeper I found that it's not a trivial accomplishment to go back and do all that progression.
However, it's been pretty fun so far. Seeing zones I never even heard of, doing quests/missions/tasks that require thinking and strategy.

Cool

I only have a few heroic aas , but I’d be interested in hearing how long it takes from start to finish

Lots of folks say the old OOW armor is still useful for the clickies - not sure it would be so for a warr but might want to check into it - Tier 1 is Armsmaster's Breastplate and then Tier 2 is Gladiators Plate Chestguard of War.

So not just earning AA but I think a couple of those clickies reduce reuse time.

Lots of folks say the old OOW armor is still useful for the clickies - not sure it would be so for a warr but might want to check into it - Tier 1 is Armsmaster's Breastplate and then Tier 2 is Gladiators Plate Chestguard of War.

So not just earning AA but I think a couple of those clickies reduce reuse time.
War bp has a time % based midigation effect its super good also adds 1 tick to fellstrike for mo dps

Do the mobs adjust to your level?
I did some COTF back in the day and remember the mobs scaled to my team.
Is there a limit?
Team is 112 - 113
I'm currently doing these on my Warrior (115) some of the zones really suck for auto follow like the Bixie zones. I have been able to leave my group at zone in and just kill everything with my warrior. A name or 2 many have been over 100, but really easy.

mq2 nav not working there ?
Multiple levels, very tight spider web bridges. Just a general pita. So happy if finished the Bixie zones last night quest were buggy had to do three of them over due to not being able to complete the for some reason or another. At least they only took about at max 15 min to complete.

Big kudos to anyone who compiles a list of eqresource/alla's links for every single Hero AA so lazy gits like me can just go down the list checking them off in order

Big kudos to anyone who compiles a list of eqresource/alla's links for every single Hero AA so lazy gits like me can just go down the list checking them off in order
Basic List:
Omens of War - Trials of Mata Muram in Muramite Proving Grounds
Dragons of Norath - Sanctity of the Keepers / Fervor of the Dark Reign (Heroic toons start out only needing the 5th raid)
Call of the Forsaken (Savior achievements: Mercenary, Partisan, Hero)
The Darkened Sea (Savior achievements: Mercenary, Partisan, Hero)
The Broken Mirror (Savior achievements: Mercenary, Partisan, Hero)
Empires of Kunark (Savior achievements: Mercenary, Partisan, Hero)
Ring of Scale (Savior achievements: Mercenary, Partisan, Hero)
The Burning Lands (Savior achievements: Mercenary, Partisan, Hero)
the Whole expac ones often reward Heroic AAs for completing all of the Conquests achievements as well (Time Trial, Challenge of Toughness, other specific achievements usually based on the Hero missions)

Additionally while there, try to complete the Master Scavenger (Expac collections achievement) for CoTF, TDS, TBM, EoK) as those reward a Trophy collector AA. Initially you are limited to Four personal tribute trophies while burning Tribute, Each of the Trophy collector AA permits an addional one, so potentially 8 personal trophies adding stats durring tribute use)

Personal trophies can be earned in House of Thule & Veils of Alaris Savior achievements as well as others such as completing TDS group content.

There is PLENTY to do, I generally try to pick one or two achievements to work on and slug it out.
Hero's Journey Achievements: An Overview for the OOW & DON, the rest can easily be found in the In-Game /achievement listing

On my main SK, I’ve completed all of CoTF through ToV, with the exception of the merc/part quests in ROS. I’m currently going back to complete those now. I have 1 achievement to get in TBM to earn the relife adornment aug. I have no desire to get all achieves in TBL....some are just too much of a pita.

I started working on my Heroic AAs. and I've run into an issue on the COTF Partisan of West Karana achievement. I've hit a road block that I'm hoping somebody can assist. I'm doing the "Not of this World" quest and I'm at the beginning where you go to the NE corner of WK and loot a Cloak of the Doomscale Ritualist from the cultist crate or barrels. I've tried to destroy and loot each of these and none of them can destroyed. I can target them and I see the input that it is a destructible object but none of my dudes can inflict any damage or destroy the object. I'm clearly missing something here. Anyone have any ideas on what I am doing wrong?

Have you tried /open on them? Also can have rogue or bard with lock picks try to pick them open. I don’t think I’ve done that mission but both of those things have worked in other missions for similar things.

Question - Progression to pump up my warrior

Users who are viewing this thread

Back