• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - Problems with Navmesh updater (1 Viewer)

RedCents
10¢
My Navmesh does not update. I click on Launch Mesh Updater and it just minimizes in the system tray at the bottom of my screen. Nothing else happens. I have deleted and re-downloaded RedGuides Launcher to no avail. Still the same problem. Please advise. Thank you.

R/
Minddagger

nothing has changed in regards to my AV. i use Webroot SecureAnywhere. I have been using them for years. It's through Bestbuy.
so is that a "yes i checked; all looks good" or a "no i didn't bother because despite things not working i'm just going to assume one of the most common causes is not doing it"

i am not smart enough to do what you ask. i cant find the the proper folder. I am on the phone AV provider to see if there is a conflict with my settings

you know some people (Me) are not up to snuff when it comes to this stuff. So I would appreciate a little kindness and ask that you take into consideration that I am not as computer smart as most people. I turn things on and off thats about it. I learn best by doing

i am not smart enough to do what you ask. i cant find the the proper folder. I am on the phone AV provider to see if there is a conflict with my settings

you know some people (Me) are not up to snuff when it comes to this stuff. So I would appreciate a little kindness and ask that you take into consideration that I am not as computer smart as most people. I turn things on and off thats about it. I learn best by doing
meet me half way.

did you try any of the things i've shared with you?

click this link then manually download them and place them in your resources -> mq2nav folder (not mq->mq2nav, but mq->resources->mq2nav)
when you click the link above you can hit the green download button you see below

1702656726981.png

then save them into your downloads folder

1702656806582.png

then you can go in that folder, and right click and extract
1702656865305.png

it will as you where - I'm just going to download them to my downloads folder and will drag them over afterwards
1702656887307.png

I now see a "zipped" one which has the zipper icon and a non-zipped one
1702656917559.png

double click on the non-zipped one

this will open that folder
you want to highlight everything inside by pressing "Control + A"

it will highlight the entire folder contents
1702656971051.png

now i'm going to right click on the highlighted things and select "Copy"
1702657007282.png

Now I'm going to navigate to my MacroQuest Folder
for me, this is going to different than yours, but you can get to yours by right clicking on your macroquest tray icon and going to Open Folder -> Resources

1702657080358.png

inside there you will see a MQNav folder -> double click it
1702657130439.png

you are now inside MQ -> Resources -> MQ2Nav --- now right click in the mq2nav folder and paste
1702657182543.png

if you get a dialog like this just "replace the files in the destination"
1702657198379.png

Attachments

• 1702657100603.png
    1702657100603.png
    12.4 KB · Views: 0
Thank you Sic for your understanding. I was able to do as you said. Just need to see if it took now. Thank you again and I am truly sorry for not being overly helpful and for causing you frustration.
you owe yourself an apology for a: saying you're not smart, b: deciding that you shouldn't ask for help in the way that you need it (you eventually did) c: not cutting yourself some slack

no one expects you or anyone to know everything - we all need help sometimes (I ask/need help daily)

the frustration i experienced was because you asked for help, then appeared to be resistant to the help I was trying to give and instantly hit me with the "im not smart / savvy / whatnot" instead of "can you walk me through that".

anyhow, I'm not upset with you and I'm very happy to help you.
this doesn't solve the root issue of the mesh launcher not working, but hopefully will get you started.

the mesh launcher is most likely a: antivirus or b: windows permission issues (windows not allowing the program to run) those are both very common problems).

Problem - Problems with Navmesh updater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back