• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - problem (1 Viewer)

RedCents
30¢
First, let me say that I am not tech savvy at all. I downloaded Very Vanilla and would like to progress to more. First things first. I updated it and tried to load EQ, but it crashed. I tried make a shortcut to patchme. Still it is not working. I am sure that I am not doing something right that would be easy to most. I have a read through the posts and don't find any that seem to apply. If someone has any idea that could point me to the post that likely applies to someone dumb to this kind of stuff?

I did update both. When I loaded EQ first, I did not get a pop up. If I loaded vanilla first I did get message pop up that said everquest has crashed, not macroquest. I will add that I am on Phinagel server if that matters.

Just to make sure that I downloaded the correct thing, I am looking mainly for the map/tracking function. Is there something that does only that which will work on phinagel?
yes MySEQ will help with tracking and map stuff - it runs outside of the game and is very useful. I've used MySEQ for a very long time, well before I knew about MQ2 or Redguide and I wouldn't play EQ without it.

In fact, I am surprised other games haven't ADDED some feature that allows you to have a map hud on another monitor. I keep MySEQ on another monitor and frequently will be solely looking at that screen when pulling

>>> MySEQ <<< link here

INI:
Install

1) Download here:
http://www.macroquest2.com/main.php?p=download&product=myseq-incmaps

2) Extract to a folder that you'll remember.

3) Right-Click Download and Save Link As... myseqserver.ini to your MySEQ folder, overwriting the old myseqserver.ini

4) Run server.exe and click "Reload" DO NOT CLOSE SERVER.EXE

5) Run MySEQ.exe

Update (after every EverQuest patch)
Every patch breaks MySEQ. Please wait for us to update, then follow the instructions below.

1) Right-Click Download and Save Link As... myseqserver.ini to your MySEQ folder, overwriting the old myseqserver.ini

2) Run server.exe and click "Reload" DO NOT CLOSE SERVER.EXE

3) Run MySEQ.exe

(eqmule maintains the client MySEQ. If you like it, please send him a few $$!)

Maps
For more maps, check out our EverQuest Maps guide. To install, just copy them to the MySEQ/Maps folder.

OK ty much. I got all that going. it opens fine, but no mobs show on the map. Again I am sure its something easy, but Im not literate to that stuff. Ive gone through and clicked most everything un view tab still nothing. I select the map of the zone im in and map comes up but just shows map. no npc or pc. Any suggestions where I should start trouble shooting?

Question - problem

Users who are viewing this thread

Back