• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Preferred Keyboard (1 Viewer)

mgeneral

RedCents
162¢
Hello folks. Nice to meet you. I'm a returning Bristle player from the early days; 99-01. Just getting active again. I really like how the game has developed. The Mercs/Molo...really cool. But I'm ready for some additional action via boxing. I haven't tried Very Vanilla/MQ2 yet. But my first experiences with boxing yesterday suggest MQ2 is a must-have. If nothing else, something that beats EQ-native auto-follow. Ugh.

Anyhow, my real question is keyboards. Do most of you use a gaming keyboard? Something with programmable keys? If so, any recommendations on brands? If not, any reasons? Would MQ2+hotbuttons render those things fairly useless?
I had a wireless keyboard...lol...already experienced some latency and had to bust out an older/cheap USB-wired one from the depths of the closet. So I'm considering upgrading, but wanted to ask for feedback from the community before spending any money.
Thanks-In-Advance

I'm a big fan of Logitech just because I like their software and it's easy for me. Razer is also a good brand and others really like their software.

You don't need anything crazy, you're not looking to shave off time on the downpress or anything and for sure everything that can be done with a gaming keyboard can be done with MQ2, but I've found mine to come in handy. It's all personal preference really.

Personally I use the Logitech G600 mouse which gives me far more macros than I’ll probably ever use. I used to have a G19 keyboard but it had manufacturing issues so I retired it. I had a G13 sideboard which was great when I made use of InnerSpace’s core features, but it’s nothing more than a novelty at this point. I picked up a relatively cheap mechanical keyboard with blue switches which for me makes the most sense when doing EQ and MQ2. Between that and the G600, I’m happy. I’ve previously used a G700 as well which is more comfortable and has the option of wireless, but a fraction of the programmable buttons as well as much more expensive.

As Knightly said, no need to go nuts and it’s personal preference.

Logitech G600 MMO Gaming Mouse, RGB Backlit, 20 Programmable Buttons https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0086UK7IQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_lVLVCb8XZAV3W

I use an old microsoft ergonomic keyboard, because I have used them for years and can type stupid fast on them.
I have a gaming keyboard for FPS's, but find it unnecessary.

I don't use any macros or anything on keybard, mq2 is fine for that

Question - Preferred Keyboard

Users who are viewing this thread

Back