• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

IRL - Powerlevelling after the nerf (1 Viewer)

RedCents
210¢
In case you don't know, all pbaoe spells (apart from a few they missed) no have a limit of 30 targets, which really sucks if you are PLing with a SK and damage shield.

My normal routine (I am on test) was to use PBAOE (Oil of Fennin Ro if needed):
- Testbuff to 25
- Sporalis in Blightfire
- Skeletons in Blightfire
At this point I was normally at 39
- Fairies in Mesa to 44
Here, I get a level 66 char to do the AOE and go to
- Mechanotus - first pull used to get the char to 71-72, where he could do the AOE himself. Remove 66 after that. Could stay here to 80-82. Pulling way more than 30 mobs.
- The Grounds - port with druid, go down the ramp and use the mobs on the left or or on the pepponite field and all the way down to the frogs in the pond - this was WAY more than 30 mobs.
- At 85, grouping with an 85 rogue/ranger and doing goblins/sarnaks in FM to 90 or 95 (depending on the target group)

This was my very efficient (for me) setup.

Now, with the nerf to AOE I am wondering if it would be better to:
1. Have PLers at set levels to group with
2. Change the zones I kill in - right now, I am going to grounds at 72 or so and the experience is worse than Mechanotus but not too bad
3. Have AOE chars at set levels to do what I do now but earlier (EG. group the 70 with a 90 AOE class and go somewhere higher level)
4. Just suck it up and keep on doing it in smaller pulls
5. Something else I am missing completely

Any suggestions? I normally PL with SK and healer merc.

hitall and golden pick will still work IMO. Or just cast multiple AE's from different spots to increase coverage.
My plan is to use the multiple AEs from different spots. With an SK holding aggro, it's no more dangerous and only marginally inconvenient compared to what we could've done last week. A big pull might take me 30-40 seconds more this way. Not a big deal. Not unless they choose to limit the number of mobs a toon can hold aggro on, which would've been a smarter (but far more complex to implement) change if the goal is to limit AE PL.

The good news is that they seem to have left the Remote Sphere of Withering line intact, so necros can finish it off quickly still.

Or maybe you can live with a very slight slowdown and just handle 30 at a time? Seems to me the fuss is a little silly.
For me the problem would be knowing when I have 30 mobs. If my xtarget only shows 20 I would need to be careful not to grab too many more. I like to grab as many as possible per pull. Once I have rounded up as many as I can I log in the toons to be PL'd. I let the DS do it's magic after hitting with an AoE then log back out. I can extend LoTD this way. Rinse and repeat. I had a thought about using 2 SK's to split up the pulls and park them close by and hit two groups with AoE.

IRL - Powerlevelling after the nerf

Users who are viewing this thread

Back