• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Powering with Cleric (TLP) (1 Viewer)

jmjcp

RedCents
Is there another way to power with a cleric (only 2 box) besides using the spells you cast on the mob to heal what they are attacking and take dmg every time they get hit?

you could dps something down, root it, atone it, reverse ds and send the lowbie in for credit. Issue with clerics is they lack a meaningful fade, self DS, dps and an "easy" AE threat, heals with subtlety off should be enough to hold off bard song though. It can be done but not to the efficiency of a sk,druid.

Although if they are low enough level, hit them with temperance, a HoT. cast blood on the mob and let the lowbie kite it around to grab a pack and kill em.. should be decently good still id imagine

I was doing this for a while back when I very first had returned to the game and all I had was 2 accounts, one being a Cleric. I just got as many damage shields as I could on the Cleric and pulled everything and let them die to DS and on the low lvl you AOE periodically just to tag them all. Basically the idea of swarming, except it's a little less efficient since Cleric doesn't have a self-DS and the combat innate that is like a DS counts as regular spell damage so you can't use that. To keep aggro you're just spamming heals which has always been enough to keep the mobs on him and not your low lvl when they AOE to tag the mobs.

If you included your level and if you're on Live or a TLP and what class you're PLing then that would help as well. I'm assuming your cleric has a pretty significant level difference so he is able to do this.

The reverse-ds spells cleric can cast on mobs unfortunately count as spell-damage for the ckeric. Don’t remember if that has always been the case and if its valid for tlp. But recently I found this stated multiple times. Didn’t check myself.

Question - Powering with Cleric (TLP)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back