• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Power Source farming (1 Viewer)

RedCents
1,346¢
Looking for info/guides on where to farm power sources for my 105 group (no TBL, EOK is my max expansion). Mostly castaway visible gear, mostly 1k AA except SK which is gold/autogrant. When I last played power sources were mostly player made, so I'm behind the times.

With EoK you are limited to TDS expansion powersources, all dropped from named

Good news: Specific types of powersources drops in different zones
Bad news: You need TDS progression to get to the specific zones

Combine Power Shard - Casters - Degmar
Geomantic Steelstone - Tank - Combine Dredge
Ocean Purification Stone - Healer - Caverns of Endless Song
Thaell Ew Totem - No idea who uses these (melee dps?) - Thuliasaur Island

With your gear/aa it is going to be interesting to hear how you do against the named, suspect it will be difficult.
You have EoK go hang out in EoK Frontier Mountains hopefully pick up a few pieces of rot Cohort gear that alone will help you a whole lot more than powersources.

SK Cohort vs SK Castaway

Last edited:
What are the highest powersources currently available? I'm assuming the dropped ones in RoS are still the best, but something may have been released in TBL that I'm unaware of.

What are the highest powersources currently available? I'm assuming the dropped ones in RoS are still the best, but something may have been released in TBL that I'm unaware of.
the RoS ones were recently added to also drop in TBL

Cliff Stone, Magma Stone, Enchanted Dragon Scale, and Scorpikis Worry Stone

Tank: Cliff Stone - https://items.eqresource.com/items.php?id=151501
Melee DPS: Enchanted Dragon Scale - https://items.eqresource.com/items.php?id=151516
Caster DPS: Magma Stone - https://items.eqresource.com/items.php?id=151511
Healer: Scorpikis Worry Stone - https://items.eqresource.com/items.php?id=151506

With EoK you are limited to TDS expansion powersources, all dropped from named

Good news: Specific types of powersources drops in different zones
Bad news: You need TDS progression to get to the specific zones

Combine Power Shard - Casters - Degmar
Geomantic Steelstone - Tank - Combine Dredge
Ocean Purification Stone - Healer - Caverns of Endless Song
Thaell Ew Totem - No idea who uses these (melee dps?) - Thuliasaur Island

With your gear/aa it is going to be interesting to hear how you do against the named, suspect it will be difficult.
You have EoK go hang out in EoK Frontier Mountains hopefully pick up a few pieces of rot Cohort gear that alone will help you a whole lot more than powersources.

SK Cohort vs SK Castaway

Great info, thanks :)

I have always used bazaar bought power sources. How are the dropped power sources different, besides there stats. Can't tell if they drain like the crafted ones or what stats they raise based on purity.
As soon as I posted this I scrolled down on an anthor page and got some answers. If here fairly common drops they would be worth farming.

My purity is sitting at 755 and my stats get roughly the following with - Cliff stone 11k hp 250ac - Geomantic 9k hp 190ac - Xorbb's Caged Hatred ? - Pure energeian metal orb 0 hp 90ac
The metal orb gives no heroic stat boost, I normally run with a depleted cliff stone which still gives some stats and swap to a charged one for named and raids.

My purity is sitting at 755 and my stats get roughly the following with - Cliff stone 11k hp 250ac - Geomantic 9k hp 190ac - Xorbb's Caged Hatred ? - Pure energeian metal orb 0 hp 90ac
The metal orb gives no heroic stat boost, I normally run with a depleted cliff stone which still gives some stats and swap to a charged one for named and raids.

I only just realized a few days ago that a depleted cliff stone still gives like 30 or so AC and some other small stat boosts.

If you're flagged, Mearatas mobs(non named) drop the ROS power sources frequently. Named drop rate,in my experience, has been about 50% . Howling Stones (Bottom of ZI) also has a decent drop rate from the named in that area.

Question - Power Source farming

Users who are viewing this thread

Back