• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Possible to use same machine for 2 teams? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
304¢
So I took time off. Had enough of the suspension waves hitting me. Since being back I’ve only used isboxer and have yet to get hit with the suspension bug. But I want to do more. ISB just isn’t the same as RG. I want to get my eskay and other cwtn things going. But my point of concern is group 1 is my raid group. I don’t want to lose my raid toon for any period of time and happy to keep RG off of that group.

Is there a way to conceal that group from a new group I want to start. Mind you I only have 2 machines and both have loaded my main group on them. Anyway I can hide this IP address of my main machines and use a new group on one of the same machines and not have it be linked to my main group? That way god forbid they hit my second group, my first group is no way no how linked to them.

Sorry again sic if in wrong section

since you're not posting a strategy, and instead you're posting a "question" it would be best in the "question" section of the forums.

to answer your question - no. I don't think you're going to do that in a way that is going to give you what you're looking for.

No one knows for sure how DBG will decide what accounts to suspend / ban. Hiding your IP seems to be a popular thing for people to try and box on true box servers which is not something you should be doing anyway since MQ does not support true box.

You can use a VPN, separate ISP connections, reset your modem for a new IP address (if you have a dynamic IP configuration from your ISP) or whatever. But I don't believe any of that will help very much in the grand scheme of things from the information I have seen over time from other players.

I am sorry I do not have more encouraging things to say. You are right, there is no experience that will compare to using MQ when playing EQ. But it is against DBG rules, and you have to accept suspensions as part of breaking those rules.

As Doc said no one knows what detection methods DBG uses. If you really want to isolate and contain
1. Run 2nd team on machine you've never used any accounts from the first team on.
2. Use a VPN on the computer you will run the second team on. You will need to do this every time you run them.
3. Never load the accounts form the 1st team on the 2nd computer.

Even doing the above there is no guarantee they will not be hit as MQ breaks the TOS.
The only way to be 100% safe is to not use MQ.

if it has anything to do with becoming really attached to your characters than my suggestions is dont use MQ on a seperate machine and play them on that the way dpg likes ... than use characters you could care less about being compromised.?? for me MQ is more like managing the baseball team instead of being a player ... players get injured traded let go etc ... just make new players and keep managing

So I took time off. Had enough of the suspension waves hitting me. Since being back I’ve only used isboxer and have yet to get hit with the suspension bug. But I want to do more. ISB just isn’t the same as RG. I want to get my eskay and other cwtn things going. But my point of concern is group 1 is my raid group. I don’t want to lose my raid toon for any period of time and happy to keep RG off of that group.

Is there a way to conceal that group from a new group I want to start. Mind you I only have 2 machines and both have loaded my main group on them. Anyway I can hide this IP address of my main machines and use a new group on one of the same machines and not have it be linked to my main group? That way god forbid they hit my second group, my first group is no way no how linked to them.

Sorry again sic if in wrong section
@Knuchit Only way to eliminate all risk is to keep a clean pc and play the regular way...as for how to. I've got a 3rd "clean pc" I use that way sometimes but it sucks having to tab over from one pc to the next for raids and such. At the end of the day, it is so easy to create dozens or hundreds of chars across servers...that while there is a risk of one or two being hit here or there (specially if you're a dumbass)...it's much more easier and convenient to MQ covertly using common sense practices...and just make a swarm of toons...

After you're at 30 or 40 toons that attachment shit goes out the window pretty quick...

Here's what I say to the assholes who're like "Oh...my ranger can outdps yours...he's the goat"...

I just go...hold my beer let me log in my other 40 chars and finish this raid...while you grind away on your one toon...or camp the GL for hours trying to find a group

Zzz Ok GIF by Jim Gaffigan

Question - Possible to use same machine for 2 teams?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back