• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Possible to get working for new patch? 6/28 (1 Viewer)

LyricalMenace

RedCents
20¢
Hey all, I read thru the guides to compile the stuff on my own and I am ready to start the process, however I had a quick question.

I noticed the source that is released right now is for 6/18. Does that mean that even if I recompile that source it will not work or it will work?

Sorry if this is a stupid question I am just new to this and don't want to go thru the work and get frustrated if it doesn't work for nothing.

Also sorry if the post is confusing but in short I want to know, If I compile the source that is posted right now, and the plugins, will they work with this new patch? Thanks all in advance!

If your waiting for the mq2 sites download so you can complie your own then yes you will have to wait until that date is the same or greater then the date of the last time eq's .exe file was patched.

Thanks for the replies, I thought this was the case..

HOWEVER I have seen several posts with people saying they had certain things working, and offsets posted for this patch? Is there anywhere else to get source or just gotta wait for it to be released?

Also are offsets completely different than MQ2? I thought offsets were something you had to edit to compile MQ2 but I may be wrong I am a newbie.

Thanks again.

Another thing on the offsets. Generally when someone says offset here, they mean one of three things. The first is the offsets for MQ2. Without these, MQ2 won't work, or parts of it won't. The other kind is offsets that function by themselves. These are the kind that are seperate from MQ2, but thanks to a MQ2 plugin MQ2DoCrack you can use them. The third is an opcode wrongly called offset. Opcodes deal with sending packets, like in MQ2CGank.

Possible to get working for new patch? 6/28

Users who are viewing this thread

Back