• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • There was a hotfixtoday. DO NOT PATCH EQ or you'll have to wait for the next MQ update (no ETA). You can play without the patch by using patchme or autologin (preferred). If you've already patched EQ you're out of luck, unless you find someone to share the older eqgame.exe (don't ask here).

Question - Possible to get mob assist radius? (1 Viewer)

Addict

RedCents
556¢
Is it possible to get the assist radius of a mob? I can do something like this I think to check the mobs around my target but I don't know their assist radius:

INI:
Sub validate_single_pull
    /declare locX            int    local    ${Spawn[id ${Target.ID}].X}
    /declare locY            int    local    ${Spawn[id ${Target.ID}].Y}
    /declare addCount       int    local    ${SpawnCount[loc ${locX} ${locY} radius ${npcRadiusCheck} npc targetable noalert 1]}

/if (${addCount} > 1) /return TRUE

/return FALSE

Where ${npcRadiusCheck} is some user defined number that I am just currently guessing to be 55. I am not even sure if different mobs have different assist ranges..

I think it's 50. eqmule's mod of KA, MuleAssist, has code that will try to pacify/lull if there is another target within hardcoded 50 units. It pacify's the closest mob, then re-targets and pulls the one it wants. MuleAssist is included in Vanilla if you want to skim the code of the UseCalm section.

You could also take a look at how Joojoobee wrote his monk pull mod of KA. It trys to fd split bigger pulls down to like 2, before bringing those back to camp.

Thanks! Ill have a look at both of them. I was about to start implementing pullers using actual pulling tools, good to know that there are some examples :) (though at first thought it doesn't sound too complicated but it always is..)

Question - Possible to get mob assist radius?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back