• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Possible Account Bannings PLEASE READ (1 Viewer)

Shaman, Bard, and Necro (all level 70) "suspended" on Drinal, along with several other high-end guild characters, as of an hour ago.

Reason given is there are items in these characters' inventory they could not/should not have (specifically Qvic and Anguish no drop items).

Pending investigation for further action.

Nothing mentioned about warping, only equipment. 3 other accounts owned by same person, who all warp but do not share equipment, are all ok. So far. If that changes, I will post more.

Suspended could also just mean whoever suspended you didn't have the power to ban you and they are waiting for someone with the power to do the banning.

Back when i was macroing tradeskills for plat to sell, i had 12 accounts running macros at the same time, probally got banned a total of about 40 times (I'd always had extra account keys ready for the bannings) and in almost every case i was suspended for a few days to a few weeks, then the account was changed from suspended to banned without me ever getting it back. There were even a couple of accounts that were suspended for over 2 months without me ever gettign access back, but since they were suspended i was gettign charged, I finally contacted SoE and they were also banned a few days later.

I've used shared plugin right after oct 12 patch (but only to transfer VP gear from one lvl 65 to another) and have been running the advtask macro non stop since the patch and thusfar am not banned. Looks like maybe they have some kinda sanitycheck on the gear a toon has to determine banning. I hope thats it, or they just havent gotten to me yet.

You guys....

/sigh

WTF is wrong with you? Moving Anguish gear and shit to alt toons that aren't flagged, aren't even high enough lvl etc.

THEY TRACK THIS SHIT.

They know it came from your main, know you put it in the shared bank slot, and logged in your alt and put it on him.

That's why you all are getting banned. And I don't think it's been due to recent activity. They've probably had this running for quite some time.

And now they're banning people for it.

I can't believe some people LOL

Those that did that kind of shit, like moving over the poker from RS to a lvl 60 rogue alt who can't even freakin zone IN to RS, or giving a aug to a toon that either can't zone in or not even high enough level....well...your stupid and deserve to get banned.

End of story

I mean, I'm not trying to be rude or anything, but jeesuz.

That's what you get when you put pre-compiled packages in a general level area. Any retard can pay 4.95 and get...well...a VERY powerful tool.

Then you have people that pass that on to another group of close friend retards, who passes it on to more retards etc et al.

I have a close friend of mine, that despite numerous attempts....NEVER got this from me. Cause I knew he'd get banned with it. As a respectable user of MQ2, you need to do what you can to keep the community alive.

Passing on compiles to retards who will do things to get banned, thus bring attention to those who use it in a manner that befits someone using this kind of application is....well...not helping the community.

IMHO, the public compiles need to stop.

There is enough info posted here for people to do it on their own, for FREE.

If they aren't smart enough to compile it, well then....they aren't smart enough to use it, IMHO.

I don't feel like getting banned for using something that makes my game experience INFINITELY more enjoyable because some asshats decide to do stupid shit like this, thus drawing attention to anyone using MQ2.

There. My .02

Public Compiles do not need to stop. People can get the compile in other ways and still do stupid things. If people get banned then so be it. There have been warnings posted not to do certian things like Ghosting, warping in public places, trading no drop items via the bank. IF people wish to continue to do so, then they can go buy a new account.

This same argument is like saying that guns kill people, when in reality People using guns kill people. MQ is just a tool jsut like a gun, a hammer, or a fork. It all depends on the person using the tool if it is used properly or not...

why would GMs scan through millions of account looking at every chars gear and making sure they can obtain the obtains that they have?

They dont have time for that. I think that if they get suspicious of you get petitioned then they might scan all your toons, but full server searches will not and can not happen. I also believe that since the latest flag that when u use the shared bank docrack that it throws a flag and notifies the GM. Once notified he proves your guilt by you having gear on alts that they could not have.

Just my thoughts.

Soul, that's a stupid analogy.

They also have guns laws and background checks as a form of measure to limit who can, and who can't get a gun.

You don't want compiles to be banned here, cause without them, where's the limelight?

Underground scenes always fall apart once it gets too big and ego's get involved. If you cared about MQ2, or any of the members here, you'd agree.

The fact of the matter is, there OBVIOUSLY has been an influx of asshats in EQ using MQ2 to do things that the DEV's don't like.

Which in turn is getting those of us who simply USE MQ2 as a tool for macroing etc, into the blanket group of MQ2 users that use it to openly cheat and ruin others gameplay.

And that, stems from open public compiles.

I can't get these Jackholes to respond to me. 3 E-mails so far. I might call them but that will give me no text to post here. Still says suspended but I know ill get banned. I'm not ready to say its Shared as much as it is crazy ass gear on low toons. Its not just angusih/qvic. I have none of that on my toons just RS mini named gear. The hard part to swallow here is i never play the toons that had this gear so there was a very small window for anyone to inspect and notice. I did use shared to move the items and i have moved 1 item on each account since new compile. Once again ill post all my info in that section when i get answers.
PS: Calling people stupid for getting banned is counter productive. It sure wont make anyone want to post there info on why they were banned to help others who have not been banned yet.

The fact of the matter is, they moved gear to toons that are incapable of getting it, lvl restricted, zone restriced or otherwise.

What would you like to call those people?

Geniuses?

So now, the EQ Dev's have a stick up their ass, and are banning people to make a statement that MQ2 isn't going to be tolerated.

That's great, if they were only banning these asshats.

Trouble is, some people are getting banned just for having MQ2 running. People that have been running it trouble free for years.

Now because we have a slew of asshats running around doing shit they shouldn't be doing, we all suffer?

Fuck that.

All I see is you running from post to post crying about the world comming to a end, Sit down, breathe, say " I am going to make it" 5 times, then STFU and quit sounding like a little girl. Things will settle down and we will all be able to play MQ2EQ for a very long time

EDIT: You must have forgot about the dumbass who openly sold mq2 compiles and plugins all over the web and all over the servers in EQ. Think this had more to do with SOE looking around at mq then what anyone using it did. Look at the big picture, there is more going on in the world then what you are focusing on

mrtyler said:
All I see is you running from post to post crying about the world comming to a end, Sit down, breathe, say " I am going to make it" 5 times, then STFU and quit sounding like a little girl. Things will settle down and we will all be able to play MQ2EQ for a very long time

EDIT: You must have forgot about the dumbass who openly sold mq2 compiles and plugins all over the web and all over the servers in EQ. Think this had more to do with SOE looking around at mq then what anyone using it did. Look at the big picture, there is more going on in the world then what you are focusing on

Dude. Relax. It's a small part, this site. But I mean...what's the big deal if we stop hosting pre-compiled MQ2 dists?

Would the world end then? I agree about the dude selling it though. That CERTAINLY didn't help.

But what's the harm of removing it from here? I only see positives from going back to posting code only.

IMHO. I never used the shared plugin, so I'm not worried about my accounts. I'm posting this idea to help others. No biggie man, you don't agree don't subscribe to my newsletter. :D

You made a few assumptions there. For my post, all are level 70, let's start there. All are flagged for Anguish. All have been in the zone but did not originally loot the pieces they had.

Which in that case, may explain why they are suspended pending further investigation. It may just be that someone petitioned. So kindly keep your judgement to yourself.

By the way, no update to emails asking WTH.

True letmein, I just dont think stopping compiles is going to change anything, people will get it no matter what. Friends will compile for friends, other sites will popup and offer compiles. Or worse, you drive the market for people to sell compiles and as we all know, high demand = Greed, wouldnt take long for the greedy people out to make $$ to get back on the servers and OOC or go post on every EQ website out there with links to what plugins you can buy. This is the most dangerous of all times, cut all off and all your going to do is force somepeople to get it from the Dealers who will in turn advertise all over the place to get more $$.

mrtyler said:
True letmein, I just dont think stopping compiles is going to change anything, people will get it no matter what. Friends will compile for friends, other sites will popup and offer compiles. Or worse, you drive the market for people to sell compiles and as we all know, high demand = Greed, wouldnt take long for the greedy people out to make $$ to get back on the servers and OOC or go post on every EQ website out there with links to what plugins you can buy. This is the most dangerous of all times, cut all off and all your going to do is force somepeople to get it from the Dealers who will in turn advertise all over the place to get more $$.

Good point, guess I'm just thinking small scale.

I tend to agree. I have never used the share option at all, ever. Mainly because it's hard evidence against you. Doing a warp or something leaves no lasting evidence, even being spotted may be explained by a lag spike (not too many times!) But if you're seen with gear you 'can't' have, how do you explain that?

I have Qvic gear on characters that are 65 and lower, not flagged. Have not been banned but... I actually looted them item with them using a 5 flagged group to get them in rather than shared to transfer the items.

So imo they have a system in place that logs when a no drop is in the shared slot, what item it is, who looted item, what character its on, ect.

Nick,

I think your right, and they aren't using logs after the DoDH expansion.
I think they are going even further back.

give it some time... they can take upwards to about 4 weeks to reply and atm they are probably swamped with tells atm...

They appear to be matching billing information on bans also. I had 23 accounts banned all at once 2 months ago, all had the same cc number. One was inactive (and had been for over 2 months) and was still banned, 2 more I had just bought and re-activated a few days before the ban (they had been inactive a few months also). The new ones had to be collateral damage, I didn't have a chance to do much with them. The only active hack I was using was warp.

minen said:
There were even a couple of accounts that were suspended for over 2 months without me ever gettign access back, but since they were suspended i was gettign charged, I finally contacted SoE and they were also banned a few days later.
I think that you may have grounds for credit card fraud if they put your account in suspend mode and still charged you. It won't mean reactivating your account but I bet you can get a 2 month refund if you point out that they were happy to keep charging your credit card while they "investigated" your actions and you were unable to play your toons.
just my 2 cents worth

I have a lvl1 war with under 1h played with various items thru shared. Most notibly, 5/6 ang trial pieces. (and that sword from ssra which isn't lvl restricted, woo)

Other then that, he's wearing items no newer then a blade of war... I'm pretty sure it's based off of the idiots who twink their twinks and go level them and get seen publicly.

I moved my old VT earring to him probably about a week ago. And then moved a solstice earring back to my main. (which was truly pointless, to move it back, really.) So, i'll update how it goes. Pretty much though, from my knowledge of the GM program of being an ex-GM, they set 'thresholds'.

Realistically - There are about 250,000 active EQ accounts. Let's assume each account has only 3 characters - 1 main, 1 alt, 1 baz bot. that's 750,000 characters. 24 inventory slots from inv/bank, so 240 slots for items. 25? slots to hold loot. so, 265 slots to scan, to compare. on SEVEN HUNDRED FIFTY THOUSAND CHARACTERS? No.

Previously to DoDH, shared bank had no 'logs' or 'records' - anyone who has ever gotten hacked in the past (legitmately, it has happened, not just social engineering), the hackers usually put your items into shared bank, forced a TON of saves, waited 24 hours w/ items in shared bnak, then moved them. Reason? Shared bank info wasn't 'saved' , as it was permanent. It's related to serverspace, and SoE didn't have the ability to track it due to the 'bustling' playerbase. Now EQ's died down, they can, even briefly, watch this space.

What probably is going on, more then likely, was a brief log between set dates for all shared-bank transfers that qualified the prompting of that 'log'. It will literally take MONTHS for them to sift thru it all, and probably will only ban the large offenders, or repeat offenders.

If you use it, you run probably a 50% chance of getting caught (or away with it) and that's about it. I'm assuming there is no flags on items simply due to feedback on this thread - it appears to be random things. From random dates. So, it's probably a random check of characters between lvl20-70, of shared bank transactions of nodrops. Think about how many accounts it would have to sweep if they did it 1-70... you're talking a HUGE sink of MONEY. to CUT OFF. MORE MONEY. this is *SONY*. These people love money. Don't expect the hammer to fall a tremendous amount more then this, but it's pretty much our bi-annual warning to all the nubs and the people who twink the shit out of their chars and go EXP in grps and link it.

i havent logged out my main since first readin this post, too scared to see the ban window, just deleted all my twinks with "non legite" gear, If i lost my main, i'd be heartbroken and quit all together, unfortunatly i just crashed going to my baz mule so guess i get to find out now =/ i never use warp or any macros realy, just use it for the Map tool to scout mobs, and was dumping old time gear to a twink. I deleted all the twinks just now. woohoo hey no ban window! anyhow.. no more /shared for me anymore

i wonder how many banned were using bogus credit card expiration dates...that would be loads easier to find/fix than scanning accounts for gear and what not

enough with the damn banning post- geez, you got banned so friggin what. you do something you shouldn't, you pay the price, not like it is a surprise, you use mq2 you can get banned plain and simple.

maddog said:
enough with the damn banning post- geez, you got banned so friggin what. you do something you shouldn't, you pay the price, not like it is a surprise, you use mq2 you can get banned plain and simple.
You can eat a dick and not open the thread :p This is a info gathering thread not a complaint thread k tks :P

Got my reply, same as the others. Shown 3rd party software to modify items and no choice but to permenently suspend account. Still says suspended on eqlive but will show banned soon im sure. Gay!

I used the share crack on a really shitty item to see if it worked and i havn't been banned yet. I think it might have something to do with how new the item was that got x-fer'd. It was a Death Embracers Cheast plate from Ldon moved it to a lvl 28 warrior.. Strange thing is as soon as i logged on my Warrior i got 3 GM warnings.. It was probly less then 30 sec after i logged in.

I deleted the item 15 min later in fear that they might be doing a DB check to see who was the owner of the item. So far no ban stick.

I think they made their point.

Bottom line is, active hacks can and will get you banned...AND...using MQ2 un-wisely and talking about it will get you banned.

No bans yet on two accounts I purchased years ago. I am new to MQ2 and only back a short time after 2 years away from EQ.

I have never used shared plugin.

used macros and warp, chainzone, zone, etc like crazy however only in the shelter of a private room in Pok or somewhere I am alone. Only once did I say anything that someone might have questioned how I knew it but the group member was running into the undead area of emerald jungle I COULDN'T just let him DIE.

noone was the wiser though I guess. I let the ranger track :).

I agree with both sides of no public compiles or it is ok. I don't want to have to compile my own but i am capable of figuring it out. There are good points on either side i don't know if there is a right answer.

We all just need to remember. we are cheating and giving ourselves an upper hand over others in the game. The other day I was speaking with a guild member who was sitting in the mana bath practicing his spells. I thought thank goodness for cade and others and MQ2. I skilled up while I slept :).

We MUST be descreat and stop using MQ2 like it is a feature of the game. i.e. one person on Druzzil ro ooc'ed in POK all about where you could purchase membership to his MQ2 site complete with download, macros, etc.... I quickly reminded him it is against the ELUA to use this. Not to be a smart ... but just to preserve our community and let him/her know how misguided the idea was on all of our behalfs.

Or the post I saw where the entire raid corpses where summoned after a desaster. WOW just a bit risky... Or even the other day whe i was chain zoneing from one part of the world to another.....I am a lvl 53 wiz.... "Holy cow", I thought, I should just use find path and port to the closest point first." flet somewhat stupid when i figured that out.

Anyway thanks for everything everyone. Sorry those of you got banned. Hope you can get back on. Lets all keep having good clean fun and not hurt those in the game who prefer to do things the hard way :).

Got my Soe email also...same as others" "they have indications to believe my account was linked to a third party software' Ath the moment the account is banned and trying to see if something comes up from emails tho i doubt it.

p.s Hurts to loose a really high end gear char with over 1k aa =/,but this post will help possible others to avoid ban,or to see what you can do when acrtually being banned.

slstafford00 said:
p.s Hurts to loose a really high end gear char with over 1k aa =/,but this post will help possible others to avoid ban,or to see what you can do when acrtually being banned.

Well said. The trollers can eat a dick as Tone says. I haven't been banned, but I decided to stop using shared, warp and gate back when someone mentioned that red message after using the shared swap. I did quite a few shared xfers when i started using mq2 in august, but that's about it.

My bard has been plugging away for 40 levels so far (hit 55 this morning, woot) and no problems. I modified the original afk fh bard macro to exclude warping and I have felt really safe. I manually get the new exped. every 5 or 6 hours. I have 2 alts in there with him, each with a custom macro from yours truly.

I only mention this because MQ2 is the only reason I am still playing EQ. I will do whatever I can to keep my usage a secret in-game. For me, you, and concept of MQ2. And I appreciate those that are doing the same, instead of openly cheating, bragging, being stupid dumbfucks that need a good old-school curb stomp.

Possible Account Bannings PLEASE READ

Users who are viewing this thread

Back