• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Possible 6th slot (1 Viewer)

Heeb

RedCents
201¢
Hey guys, I have recently started using MQ2 and finding it to be an amazing tool. I currently have an SK, Shaman, Bard, Mage, Zerker and am looking for a 6th character. I have not made it into TOV yet but my characters are all 115 with quite a bit of AA. I am trying to decide if I should fill my last spot with a DPS or a solid healer like a cleric. If my shaman can handle ToV group content then what would everyone suggest as the final character for my box group? Thanks in advance for the input and suggestions!

You should have plenty of DPS for group content depending on AAs and gear. I'd add a beastlord to that combination, but a second zerker. I'm not sure which would give you more DPS; the zerker is more raw dps, but the beastlord is excellent ADPS as well as solid raw dps. You don't need a cleric, but it wouldn't hurt your group and provides some benefits. I'm running a cleric in my group right now, but mainly to level him up and AA him. The shaman alone provide ample healing.

More than enough. I run the missions and have no problems. Most of the time i can kill Griklor the Restless on his 1st drop down. I run the mq2eskay on sic mode, cleric, zerker. Then i run kiss for the bard, mage and shaman (that is until they drop the mq2Shaman). I have shaman on pure dps as the cleric (level 115 with only 20k AA) can heal everything just fine while beating on the targeted mob as well.

I kind of like the idea of keeping the classes different. Running multiple of the same character seems a little stale to me. If the BST and zerker would be comparable I will just go with the BST and see how I like that. Thanks again for the suggestions everyone!

Benifit to doubling zerk is alliance adds some nice bonus dmg.

My fav group so far is Paly, cleric(swap in my shm alot too), Bst, Bard, Zerk, Zerk.

Yep shm can heal grik and velk NP, and most of the time relentless.

Yep on dps mode shm can dump a fair amount of dmg too

Question - Possible 6th slot

Users who are viewing this thread

Back