• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
PoisonCrafter

Lua - PoisonCrafter (1 Viewer) 0.63

RedCents
4,643¢
Pronouns
He/Him
MrInfernal submitted a new resource:

PoisonCrafter - Make Poison lookup and auto craft Lua

Lookup poisons by type and effect. Will return the name, required materials, if everything can be purchased from the vendor (Loran Thu`Leth in Plane of Knowledge), and the trivial level.

• Choose the Poison Type and Effect, then click Lookup.
  • Set Quantity
  • Click Buy Mats to open the merchant and buy
    • (Will only buy mats you don't have)
  • Click Make Poison to open the mortar and pestle, add ingredients and combine
  • When complete, will report success

Read more about this resource...

I'm not sure what the difference between the Anger of the Shissar and the Bite of the Shissar poison is. If anyone knows of a resource that describes the effects of all of the poisons, that would be incredible helpful.

MrInfernal updated PoisonCrafter with a new update entry:

Added Required Skills

Added a field to the poisons data to track recipes with required skill levels. This displays in the Lookup and the Make Poison button will check this against your current skill.
Added the require skill levels for the Bite of the Shissar series, but wasn't able to get the requirements for Anger of the Shissar I - VII.
Added a checkbox to toggle using Gate potions for the Go to Vendor function.

Read the rest of this update entry...

I'm not sure what the difference between the Anger of the Shissar and the Bite of the Shissar poison is. If anyone knows of a resource that describes the effects of all of the poisons, that would be incredible helpful.
Bite decreases hate with melee hits, anger does not.

1708142740418.png

Very excited to try this btw. I'm about to start making poison for all my guildmates, so this should be a huge help, thank you!

@MrInfernal
Not working for me, here is my info.
1708206586806.png
Running on a 125 rogue with 345/300 skill with Peerless Pestle Trophy (max poisonmaker trophy).
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dmg> Rog Dmg> Lookup (Any Level does not do anything, it highlights but does not allow to click)
1708206827402.png
I chose the highest level Store Bought one I could test, so Level 105.
1708206983417.png
In PoK, Go to Vendor and Buy Mats worked properly. Craft Poison does not do anything, so I manually ran to the Poison table and again click Craft Poison, have to open the table and click Craft Poison. Then I get this in MQ window:
1708208037058.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So I tried making Poison for others:
Dmg> All Class
1708208166756.png
Only gives me the list above, to level 50. Any Level (at before or after the search) does nothing.
I chose the most bottom level 50 one.
In PoK, Go to Vendor and Buy Mats worked properly. Craft Poison does not do anything, so I manually ran to the Poison table and again click Craft Poison, have to open the table and click Craft Poison. Then I get this in MQ window:
1708208652430.png
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hope this info helps.

I’ll have to dig into why it isn’t taking trophies into account. The reason that higher poisons don’t show is because I haven’t added those yet. The program expects to use a mortar and pestle and I didn’t consider the poison table. Let me see what I can do to get that working.

In the mean time, thank you for the bug report.

I’ll have to dig into why it isn’t taking trophies into account. The reason that higher poisons don’t show is because I haven’t added those yet. The program expects to use a mortar and pestle and I didn’t consider the poison table. Let me see what I can do to get that working.

In the mean time, thank you for the bug report.
Oh Gosh, I never thought about taking off the trophy to see if that was an issue. About the Mortar and Pestle...you state that in the Overview...I am dumb and spoiled RG guy..thats my 'good' excuse..I think all luas work to run around to tables and do magic..hahahhaha.

Added Item lookup and equipped trophy checks

You can now look up recipes that use a specific item by picking it up and clicking 'Cursor Lookup'!
Will check for equipped trophies and modify skill with green text
Fixed a few poison recipe typos
The Level dropdown no longer requires clicking 'Lookup' to change recipes
Added a few more Required Levels to the E`ci's Lament series. Please let me know if you encounter any others
Added checks that you have all of the items before crafting
Added a check to see if the mortar and pestle is empty...

Oh Gosh, I never thought about taking off the trophy to see if that was an issue. About the Mortar and Pestle...you state that in the Overview...I am dumb and spoiled RG guy..thats my 'good' excuse..I think all luas work to run around to tables and do magic..hahahhaha.
Can you try the combine again now that I've added Trophy checking? It would have to be equipped as I haven't found a TLO to look up effects from housing. Also, the reason it wouldn't let you select the bottom one is that it was a copy-> paste error with the same name, which made it unselectable. I've fixed that recipe and will add more when the larger bugs are stomped out.

Can you try the combine again now that I've added Trophy checking? It would have to be equipped as I haven't found a TLO to look up effects from housing. Also, the reason it wouldn't let you select the bottom one is that it was a copy-> paste error with the same name, which made it unselectable. I've fixed that recipe and will add more when the larger bugs are stomped out.
absolutely, in a bit, been a little busy today.

I'm updated to the latest version and running it now, sorry for delay. The image below has two crashes leaving me with IMGui failure.

1st (top) failure is due to clicking Cursor Lookup. I turned into Peter Griffon and saw it upon startup and naturally had to touch it. Crashed, nothing was on cursor. Second attempt, put an Poison TS item on cursor hit the button again and nothing happens. No crash, so that was good.
2nd (bottom) failure is from clicking Craft Poison. Settings were Dmg>Rogue Dmg, Storebought clicked on and chose Bottommost choice Anger of the Shissar XIX Level 105. It lists in MQ window I am missing two ingredients.
Go To Vendor no longer working.
1708410583677.png
Taking the trophy off (just to see what would happen) gave me this error (crashed) upon hitting Craft Poison:
1708411754197.png
Choosing the level 45 Spider Bite with Trophy in Range slot and Poison Table open (next to Amile Pitt in PoK) gave me this crash:
1708412059788.png

I'm updated to the latest version and running it now, sorry for delay. The image below has two crashes leaving me with IMGui failure.

1st (top) failure is due to clicking Cursor Lookup. I turned into Peter Griffon and saw it upon startup and naturally had to touch it. Crashed, nothing was on cursor. Second attempt, put an Poison TS item on cursor hit the button again and nothing happens. No crash, so that was good.
2nd (bottom) failure is from clicking Craft Poison. Settings were Dmg>Rogue Dmg, Storebought clicked on and chose Bottommost choice Anger of the Shissar XIX Level 105. It lists in MQ window I am missing two ingredients.
Go To Vendor no longer working.
View attachment 57597
Taking the trophy off (just to see what would happen) gave me this error (crashed) upon hitting Craft Poison:
View attachment 57598
Choosing the level 45 Spider Bite with Trophy in Range slot and Poison Table open (next to Amile Pitt in PoK) gave me this crash:
View attachment 57599

Added fixes to ensure that there's an item on the cursor before checking and that there is a trophy before checking it's skill mod value. The reason you may not have seen a recipe return when checking the item is that it may be higher than what I have in the database. I'm working to see how to add items to the poison table when you don't have a mortar and pestle and to integrate that. Thank you for reporting these, Redfrog

Fixed Trophy crash, Cursor lookup message, and using Poison Table

• Fixed the crash relating to Trophy skill mods. Will no longer crash if you unequip your trophy and the skill message will update immediately.
  • Cursor lookup function made more robust. Will not crash if clicked without an item and will report if an item is not found.
    • The database is incomplete and higher level poison recipes may not be in, which will report that the item recipe is not found.
  • If you do not have a Mortar and Pestle, will nav to the Poison Table...

Sorry to bump this @MrInfernal , I tried this tonight on my rogue (151 skill) and selected the Bite of the Shissar XIX to work on the skill leveling (note this is a full store bought recipe). Once I selected the recipe and selected the quantity I wanted it to make to level up my skill, it said "You don't have the skill required, need 300" just like the person above. I obviously don't have a trophy since I'm wanting to work on skilling up for my rogue. Anytime I hit the craft it gave me that error (no I did not have the supplies on me). Even when I tried to click "Go to Vendor", it didn't do anything, no errors or anything, just wouldn't move.

Lua - PoisonCrafter

Users who are viewing this thread

Back