• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Please-Someone tell me??? (1 Viewer)

Gizmo2

RedCents
Hey, call me a noob/nieve or w/e but I really need to know honestly! the truth! I have asked several people, several places and always get sarcastic remarks or never a straight forward answer and I am really surprised that you never see anything about it anywhere or that others don't want to know.......Is it possible to read other peoples chat like in games like everquest, do GM's or hackers/cheaters and if so, how? I really need to find out the truth about someone....Help pls!

Last edited:
as a player no, there is no reason that would be transmitted to your client.

If the person is on the same network as you (ie: behind the same router) then it is possible but would involve alot of packet sniffing and very specific network setup.

I keep hearing that GM's can read your chat boxes but I'm not sure how true that is. It was the reason they made the MQ2chat window.

I would guess the system maintains a log of your tells and other stuff that goes to or through the server, but if i understand it correctly, the client doesn't send 'bad commands' to the server, so you are safe if you mis-type a command for mq, the server shouldn't ever see that command. now, you could screw up and start typing a group or raid chat, and continue with a MQ command, and have the command thrown into raid or group chat that way.

BTW, is there a way to have the MQ window maintain a history so you can scroll back thru your commands you have issued there? It's such a pain to have to re-type it from scratch :)

I'm not too sure about the GM thing, but I had one intervene on one of my tells when I tried to sell my account a long time ago on EQ. He just stepped in mid tell and to cease what I was doing and to never do it again.

I know in WoW players can not see other players pm's, and party chat and all that, but GM's have the power to look at all of that. Exspecially if you get reported they can look over everything you typed.

Ccomp5950 said:
I keep hearing that GM's can read your chat boxes but I'm not sure how true that is. It was the reason they made the MQ2chat window.

Players cant but GMs can when i played EQ and we where two rogues that where doing the epic quest we agreed in private chat that we would make one and then petition that it was broken so the other one could get the piece too.. Well long story short we got a warning after the GM repost us the chat me and the other rogue had

Please-Someone tell me???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back