• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Please help, need maps (1 Viewer)

wandidar

RedCents
undefined I am computer stupid. I had to reload EQ onto a different computer. When I did this I forgot to save my Maps file so I downloaded the allmaps file from mapfiend. This placed a ziped file on my desktop named allmaps_soe. I then unzipped this file into the everequest\maps file. When I get in game I still do not have maps of the evil zones, I am a wood elf ranger. Please help me. Don't poke to much fun at me just because I am old and do not breath software.

first thing ... i found I never have to reload EQ again..

i run quite a few computers... and all you have to do is COPY your EQ folder and send a shortcut to EQgame.exe or Everquest.exe to your desktop

it does not install anything that is needed in the registry or windows/system folder

NOW as for the problem with your maps..... are you sure all the files you UNZIPPED were txt files?

and are you 100% sure they went into the everquest/maps directory?

Well the ex-wife took old computer with her when she left.......so had to reload eq on new one.

Yes they are text files and yes they are in the map file in the everquest file.

I went into the maps file and right clicked on one of the files and hit properties and it said they were text files.

ok, this is what i tryed today. I got into the maps file and deleted everything in it. Then i unzipped the mapfiend file into the maps file. I logged onto EQ and still no maps. However, all of the stuff i added to the maps by hand is still there. Like where i marked zone in and zone out points, and camps and stuff with the ingame map maker. Shouldn't that have been wiped out when i deleted all the map files?

Please help, need maps

Users who are viewing this thread

Back