• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Playing the Game (1 Viewer)

smokndragon

RedCents
Ok, i know a lot of ppl play WOW to quicly get to the highest lvl and do the farming thing so they can get lots of gold. But on the other hand there is the other gamers like myself that play the game for fun.
Most ppl on this site is looking for cheats and hints and ways to get more gold ect... I think all of you should sit back and think about the game for once as entertainment.
I play both sides of the coin for WOW. I have serverel toons on both the alliance and the horde side and on different servers. I have enjoyed this game since i've first started playing it. I have wittness scenes that have made me stop and look around just for the pure pleasure of seeing it.
I have one main toon that i play, a 35th lvl dwarven hunter that i have played off and on for 2 months.
The planning and work that went into this game is simply amazing. This game was meant for us to enjoy. Now granted my toons are not rich, but that is because i play the game for fun, not to profit off it.
As a player, i reguarly visit the AH's, now more than three with the new upgade, The price gouging there is out of this world. Unfortently i have to pay the price of the farmers and ninjas out there.
But to get back to what i was saying, play the game, enjoy the sites and have fun. I am one of many that do so, but we are still the few. I play World of Warcraft for the main reason i bought it. Not to cheat, but to have a new experience in gaming.
Signed............
Smokndragon

ok, im abosolutely sick of this shit..."we play the game for fun"

Oh no you don't say?

Well if you havn't NOTICED leveling to 60 and being rich is FUN.

Sitting back with a low level character is NOT fun.

Please, please anyone who reads this post...STOP POSTING ABOUT THIS TOPIC. We know this game is ment for fun!

Sorry Smokndragon, this post was not directly aimed at you, it is aimed at the entire public of red guides. Please do not take this personally.

Have to agree with the extra comments... I've been playing for about 8 months and my main is only level 51 for the sole reason I play for fun... I like to log on and help raid TM, I like to sit and go fishing, I frequently go back to lowbie areas for the sole reason of helping out people who need the help of a higher level character.

Another "fun" thing to do is to make gold to spend on gear for your character, yes you won't get high raid epics by playing "for fun" (i.e. not raiding on a regular basis) but you can still enjoy the game and use the money you can potentially make from this forum to make your game even more fun.

wow, so much venom in the replies. so i guess you dont have any real input for ppl like me. just sarcasm. Thats fine. i was hoping to hear from others that like to play the game instead of power lvling and such. I mean, what is your best view in the game? Is it the view from IF? Or maybe the aquarium in the tram?
i have to agree with BlackObsidian on that style of playing. I too help others in areas that are lower than what i can get any xp from. I also spend my cash to try to tweak my character as much as possible so he can live though most fights.
And yes i too like to just sit at the water and fish. I agree that we all need the cash to better outfit our toons, i mean who hasn't? So next time sit and think about the game and dont be so quick on the draw to be upset over the post. Being a lvl 60 is great if you play the game but i still wonder if maybe some get there to just sit and sell. Not to play the game, but to make their toon richer. We all try to get richer, and it was a long time before my toon got his first gold peice. But playing a low lvl is fun.
I'm sorry if i pissed anyone off with my post, but hey look at it this way, my point of view of the game is as important as yours or the next person. I agree that we all play the game in our own ways, and yes you consider yours the right way, as i do mine.
All i want is your opinion on how you play the game and what you consider the highlights of it. Is that so wrong?

Signed...........
Smokndragon

I totally agree with your post mate! It is true that many people destroy the fun of others by continual farming, ninjaing etc, it's just not a guide/useful tip that can grant you access to the WoW guides.

LOL, no offence and please dont ban me for this but in my opionion this is a complete and utter pile of DOGY DOO!!!!!!!!!!!, i have had the game for 5 months, i have a lvl 60 mage, a lvl 30 hunter and loads of lvl 20+ alts. My mage has 450g it turned 60 last week. yes thats right i have money on my mage, do i grind NO do i farm NO do i ninja NO, have i explored every place on the map YES do i enjoy helping lower lvl players YES. Your saying that all lvl 60's are lvl 60 because they are money crazy power lvlers.

You Go on about people playing for money in your first post then you turn round and say "I agree that we all need the cash to better outfit our toons, i mean who hasn't?"

This sounds exactly how a friend of mine talks, Superior. You must think you are better then everyone else because you have a lvl 35?. this just makes me laugh more.

sure some people make characters to get them rich, sure some farm loads, but how does farming hurt anyone? if someone is farming they solo so how will that affect you?
And some people who want to get rich its because they want the cash to buy super gear and mounts. This will help them in the game resulting in more fun. Whats the fun in a game where you die all the time because you dont do very much damage or have very much armour?.

I am really sory for saying this but i had to because your post was pointles! there is a VERY SMALL percentage of people who play WoW purely for the proffit and not fun at all, most of these being chinese farmers (no i'm not going into that!) your message is basically "i'm better then you because i have a lvl 35 with crappy gear because i believe getting money will turn me into a money crazed luney"

And please please if you post something else about WoW stop calling characters "toons" its just strange.

It is said, there have a go at me, but please dont bann me from the site for saying this as i gett so pissed off with people who have a supiror attitude.

Btw if you didn't mean it in the way i have said then i'm sory but i have understood it wrong.

Someone lock down this thread...

And Smokndragon...you don't have to put signed, smokndragon every post.

there are plenty of people here at redguides that think that the game is meant for fun...i for one don't cheat...but i DO make a shit load of money...making money is part of this game...

XxNOBODYxX said:
I totally agree with your post mate! It is true that many people destroy the fun of others by continual farming, ninjaing etc, it's just not a guide/useful tip that can grant you access to the WoW guides.

yes it is...we don't give access for giving your opinion...

Playing the Game

Users who are viewing this thread

Back