• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

IRL - Playing a new class is fun? Who knew?! (1 Viewer)

RedCents
701¢
So I have historically played Druids and Mage and that was about it.
Many years ago when I first attempted to box I started a warrior that I don't think ever made it past level 15.

For some reason I got a wild hair to box again recently and decided an SK would be a good compliment to my mage main.
While leveling the new SK I've found I really enjoy the class, has pets just like my mage (although different kinds) has a decent array of
spells available, but can still tank some? Why didn't I try this years ago!?

paladins are even better!
200.gif

So I have historically played Druids and Mage and that was about it.
Many years ago when I first attempted to box I started a warrior that I don't think ever made it past level 15.

For some reason I got a wild hair to box again recently and decided an SK would be a good compliment to my mage main.
While leveling the new SK I've found I really enjoy the class, has pets just like my mage (although different kinds) has a decent array of
spells available, but can still tank some? Why didn't I try this years ago!?

Nice!! wont be long and you'll be adding a cleric or shaman, some CC and another DPS lol... It happens to us all.

SK best tank class for group content no question.

Paladin needs one adjustment and they could be really good. If they put in the ability to heal your targets target like EQ2 without having to switch to that target.

Paladin needs one adjustment and they could be really good. If they put in the ability to heal your targets target like EQ2 without having to switch to that target.
Most end game pally single target heal spells do heal target of target now.....

Um... I do heal my targets, target. So...

before everyone lathers themselfs up about how great pallys are, SK and war tank as well, if not better.. and can dps (pal only worth it on undead). end game, rarely is tanking (or healing) the check. that being said, i do have 2 pallys, and they are fun to play lol.

oh I run all tanks (even have a pet tank group) - all are great (well maybe not the pets) - I made a paladin 25 years ago and have played them ever since as my main tanks :)

I did say it was an unpopular opinion

before everyone lathers themselfs up about how great pallys are, SK and war tank as well, if not better.. and can dps (pal only worth it on undead). end game, rarely is tanking (or healing) the check. that being said, i do have 2 pallys, and they are fun to play lol.
Well realistically at the end of the day my mage pet can tank, but the SK is just icing on the cake.

I used to hate tanking. I tried and really, really did not like it.

Then I started playing a SK so I could do things by myself when there was no group available (boxing other chars).

Now, I have 3 SKs, 2 paladins,2 warriors and I enjoy each one of them.

SK is the easy option. War is the hard but really sturdy option (particularly if you have a real healer with you) and paladin is the worse option until you hit an undead zone... then the others pale in comparison (note: make sure your group lets you get a blessing of the devoted, otherwise your dps will still be meh).

OK, OK, paladins can act as a healer, can cure, can root... and that's about it.

I have multiple of everything like uptime. Honestly I like the pally in concept but compared to SK dps just doesn't compete. And it's hard to really like the heals since shaman/cleric all heal fine. The few times I want more heal it's usually some type of DS mechanic that SK epic sovles for everyone.

all that said I have a few paladins and like them. The class I feel bad for is war. They aren't bad but there is no reason to pick them over SK in group game. Especially if it's a raid geared tank.

That said I might need to reevaluate. Coming back since TOL - I found monks can now dps again reasonably (somewhat compete with rogues). I'm disappointed still in rangers/mage. People keep talking about them but compared to rogue/monk just not same level of dps. Anything sub 2.5milion on burn doesn't work for me.

IRL - Playing a new class is fun? Who knew?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back