• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
Resource icon

Lua - Player Targ (1 Viewer) 04/09/2024

grimmier

Tinkerer
RedCents
1,932¢
grimmier submitted a new resource:

Player Targ - Player info and Target windows combined Lua

In my attempts to ditch much of the ingame UI I made this to combine the player info window with the target window and aggro windows.

Title: PlayerTarg
Author: Grimmier
Version:0.5
Description: Combines Player Information window and Target window into one.
Displays Your player info. as well as Target: Hp, Your aggro, SecondaryAggroPlayer, Visability, Distance,
and Buffs with name \ duration on tooltip hover

View attachment 57209

Read more about this resource...

I like this but one thing I hate about the ImGui progress bar is how the number changes position. Would you be open to forcing the text to the center of the bar?

This is nice! Definitely going to be watching the progress you make.

I noticed that currently you can't hold right click on the targets buffs/debuffs to bring up spell information.
Is that something you're working on or just not needed for your use?

You might get better use of the window area if you aligned more information in rows.
This would clean up some unused real estate on the top 2/3 of the UI and open up more space for the targets buff list.

1707333585257.png

This is nice! Definitely going to be watching the progress you make.

I noticed that currently you can't hold right click on the targets buffs/debuffs to bring up spell information.
Is that something you're working on or just not needed for your use?

You might get better use of the window area if you aligned more information in rows.
This would clean up some unused real estate on the top 2/3 of the UI and open up more space for the targets buff list.

View attachment 57236
Yah that would be nice the general approach is to make the icon have a selectable on top of it that is transparent and then do a spell.Inspect() if it's clicked. I do this in rgmercs if you need to borrow code.

Yah that would be nice the general approach is to make the icon have a selectable on top of it that is transparent and then do a spell.Inspect() if it's clicked. I do this in rgmercs if you need to borrow code.
definitely something i am planning on adding for sure.
I'll check out that code as well when i get home tonight.

I also want to add in the icons for combat state and MA etc.

grimmier updated Player Targ with a new update entry:

v0.7

• Tweaked some of Player Info the layout.
    • We no longer draw a blank line for mana bar if we don't have one.
    • Shrank the size of the blink in combat bar and positioned it after your name.
    • Consolidated the player name class level onto one line.
    • Moved all % values to the center of their bars.
  • Tweaked some of Target layout.
    • Health Bar is easier to see.
    • Target information is drawn on top of the health bar.
    • Increased the percentage size...

Read the rest of this update entry...

in case you're intending to keep your player window closed by using this, just keep in mind it will break most automation if you do. but you could probably just hide it behind this window instead.

in case you're intending to keep your player window closed by using this, just keep in mind it will break most automation if you do. but you could probably just hide it behind this window instead.
I tend to keep it buried behind the console. but does this also happen when you have the entire UI turned off as well? ie. F10?

I tend to keep it buried behind the console. but does this also happen when you have the entire UI turned off as well? ie. F10?
no idea about whether f10 makes windows treated as closed. Try hitting f10 and do a /echo ${Window[PlayerWindow].Open} or whatever its name is.
most automation depends on Me.CombatState which is only correct while the player window is open.

no idea about whether f10 makes windows treated as closed. Try hitting f10 and do a /echo ${Window[PlayerWindow].Open} or whatever its name is.
most automation depends on Me.CombatState which is only correct while the player window is open.
ok cool so it still returns true in F10 mode.
I almost always leave the windows from the game open in a corner out of the way or when able just F10.

Still very good to know for anyone that wants to close the window, its probably a bad idea for automation. Thank you for the heads up.

This is a great idea, I really like it. One issue I am seeing on my end is that the end of the level in the top row is cut off for me.

1707507698239.png

The other issue I have is that I am old and blind, and the scaled down text is difficult for me to read. Having the ability to set this to be larger, and possibly the ability to enable/disable certain elements would be wonderful.

As for suggestions. Setting the buffs as a separate child window so that region is scrollable if it exceeds the size of the window, but the Name/Bars/Target/Aggro stuff all remains visible in place.

This is a great idea, I really like it. One issue I am seeing on my end is that the end of the level in the top row is cut off for me.

View attachment 57273

The other issue I have is that I am old and blind, and the scaled down text is difficult for me to read. Having the ability to set this to be larger, and possibly the ability to enable/disable certain elements would be wonderful.

As for suggestions. Setting the buffs as a separate child window so that region is scrollable if it exceeds the size of the window, but the Name/Bars/Target/Aggro stuff all remains visible in place.
I will adjust that real fast. =) I have a new update in the works as well, it should appear here soon.

v1.0

[1.0] - 2024-02-10​

〰️Commits​

V1.0_test:

* Made the window not scrollable.
* Made the target buffs section a child region that is scrollable.
* Tweaked some of the playerinfo sizing and scaling.
* Re-ordered the level and class text, would rather the class chop when the window is to small than the level.
* Added in logic check for zoning. would sometimes crash, typically when camping to char select.

Any MQ2Grind user who uses this Lua and hides the PlayerWnd will have a problem.

I'm not sure if this will affect the CWTN suite of plugins, but bringing their eyes to this (@Sic , @ChatWithThisName ) to review as well.

Any MQ2Grind user who uses this Lua and hides the PlayerWnd will have a problem.

I'm not sure if this will affect the CWTN suite of plugins, but bringing their eyes to this (@Sic , @ChatWithThisName ) to review as well.
By default this is only just an ImGui window for the same information.
I don't recommend turning off the game window, but you can shrink it or hide it behind other windows out of sight.

v1.6.1

• Added Outer Borders around target Buffs for: DeBuffs, Buffs
  • Cast By You is the Inner white Border.
  • Cleaned up colors.Lua to only return the color imvec4
  • Cleaned up bar and text color changes so you can see where the push and pop occur.
  • Added color change to purple when you are unconscious or dead.
  • Added color change to target health below 25%
  • Added Icon for when you are DeBuffed.
  • Added Icon for...

Lua - Player Targ

Users who are viewing this thread

Back