• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Discussion - planned changes i.e nerfs to HS, Beaming, Swarming, Decap and 4K free AAs* (1 Viewer)

Any idea what a HC toon will cost?

They are $35 for a level 85 in EQ2. However, keep in mind that they have never announced an actual level for EQ HC's, and I imagine they will be level 90 in EQ since that would fall in line with the same max level - 10 formula they have in EQ2. We'll see. And Sym is totally right, they are undercutting the current market by a wide margin.

Its a lot easier for them to make a level 85 than us and you never have to worry about some ass ripping you off or stealing their account back.

In EQ2 they are 3500 SC ($35) and come with a complete set of "85 gear" as well as start pre-buffed with "85 buffs" and 100AAs and all sorts of stuff. So complete speculation on my end it will be the same price.

https://www.everquest2.com/news/everquest2-heroic-characters-faq

My guess also is they will actually start at 85 in EQ since that is the min level required to join Heroic Missions and is the level at which they are topping out at on the AA give-away.

My guess also is they will actually start at 85 in EQ since that is the min level required to join Heroic Missions and is the level at which they are topping out at on the AA give-away.

Yeah, there's that. It's hard to tell if they are going to go 85 or 90; it's all speculation at this point (unless someone has an inside informant!) I'm hoping 85 because that won't completely bottom out the character market, but you never know...

In EQ2 they are 3500 SC ($35) and come with a complete set of "85 gear" as well as start pre-buffed with "85 buffs" and 100AAs and all sorts of stuff. So complete speculation on my end it will be the same price.

https://www.everquest2.com/news/everquest2-heroic-characters-faq

Yeah this is my thought process too. Betting 85 due to the above. Hopefully they come in VoA T1 gear or equivalent.

If it's 85, I would bet on abstruse-equivalent. If it's 90, I would bet on rustic-equivalent.

Yeah, considering the HA currency buys you basically anything you need from HoT and VoA, they'll make you slightly less gimpy than that so you have something to work towards in that sense.

Here's how I see their "vision" working out, or at least how they want it to.

Guy downloads EQ to give it a shot and buys himself an 85 Heroic Character + a Chrono (35+18 = $53 so far). He quickly realizes that he has nobody to play with because nobody groups with him or does anything outside of RoF and COTF so he has to buy the expansion now (+40 = $93). Now he's up to date and he might find some others that do this stuff and they start doing heroics and getting currency and levels and he's chugging along and having a great time and he might drop another 12 to upgrade to Heroic Ornament thing so he can use all these ornaments that keep dropping to make himself look cool. He's now invested $105. He might keep playing, he might get bored and quit. Either way, they got their $105. This opposed to a truly Free player than downloads, goes free, runs around like a noob, gets bored at around level 30, quits, MAYBE goes silver and sticks with it for a while and eventually gives up around level 80.

Since they are gimping any means of Power Leveling as best they can, it will make it increasingly difficult for a lot of these people that want he fast levels/insta gratification to ramp up. It really is pigeonholing this type into buying the Heroic CHaracter and the newest expansions. And since it is "legit" with SOE, I feel like it will actually be a detriment to Account Sellers/Power Levelers/Service Sellers etc etc

I really think they just finally realized that they can get in on the money grab of the black market and just sell the platinum themselves (by selling a CHrono to someone who in turn sells it for 400k+ whatever the rate is in-game) and selling the pre-built characters.

Don't let this "We need to fix this becasue it is a stress on the zones and servers" shit fool you. It is a completely fabricated story to trick the sheep into thinking they care.

Idk, just bored and rambling.

Yeah, considering the HA currency buys you basically anything you need from HoT and VoA, they'll make you slightly less gimpy than that so you have something to work towards in that sense.

Here's how I see their "vision" working out, or at least how they want it to.

Guy downloads EQ to give it a shot and buys himself an 85 Heroic Character + a Chrono (35+18 = $53 so far). He quickly realizes that he has nobody to play with because nobody groups with him or does anything outside of RoF and COTF so he has to buy the expansion now (+40 = $93). Now he's up to date and he might find some others that do this stuff and they start doing heroics and getting currency and levels and he's chugging along and having a great time and he might drop another 12 to upgrade to Heroic Ornament thing so he can use all these ornaments that keep dropping to make himself look cool. He's now invested $105. He might keep playing, he might get bored and quit. Either way, they got their $105. This opposed to a truly Free player than downloads, goes free, runs around like a noob, gets bored at around level 30, quits, MAYBE goes silver and sticks with it for a while and eventually gives up around level 80.

Since they are gimping any means of Power Leveling as best they can, it will make it increasingly difficult for a lot of these people that want he fast levels/insta gratification to ramp up. It really is pigeonholing this type into buying the Heroic CHaracter and the newest expansions. And since it is "legit" with SOE, I feel like it will actually be a detriment to Account Sellers/Power Levelers/Service Sellers etc etc

I really think they just finally realized that they can get in on the money grab of the black market and just sell the platinum themselves (by selling a CHrono to someone who in turn sells it for 400k+ whatever the rate is in-game) and selling the pre-built characters.

Don't let this "We need to fix this becasue it is a stress on the zones and servers" shit fool you. It is a completely fabricated story to trick the sheep into thinking they care.

Idk, just bored and rambling.

I don't think it's 100% fabricated, but I don't imagine they aren't opportunistic over there at SOE....

Its a lot easier for them to make a level 85 than us and you never have to worry about some ass ripping you off or stealing their account back.

You will get an lv 85..90 GEARED char with a very good amount on AA for 35$ (give or take). Legal without any risk, so i guess sellings chars will just die.

Look at the graph it is peak play times. Not to mention 90% of it was done in instances not open zones.

Each instance still runs on a server. When you bog it down, it's just just your instance that's being affected, but can also hurt the server that your instance is hosted on. They explained this partly in one of the posts. Of course I'm sure they could limit the resources available to each instance and have less impact, but you can bet that the overall resource usage from probably hundreds of people at any one time swarming in instances is much higher than it would be without the swarming.

Discussion - planned changes i.e nerfs to HS, Beaming, Swarming, Decap and 4K free AAs*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back