• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Pick zones (1 Viewer)

Tapout

RedCents
198¢
Just curious. Are pick zones different in any way from the main zone? Reason I ask is every time I go to a pick zone and kill where I'm usually killing when not in a pick the mobs seem more difficult. Not in level but just hit harder or something. I can grind all day long with no issues or problems but in the pick zone I'm constantly on the edge of disaster.

I'm not sure what it is but I know that there is for sure a difference for me. I tried it again lastnight and I could barely keep up in the exact same place I normally kill in a non pick zone. In the pick zone it's a beating, in the non pick zone I never have to stop to med cause of mana and there is a nice delay between kills which allows my whole group to stay fully buffed and med but in the pick zone I constantly have to stop to med and things like leech touch and thought leech are needed. Never use them in the non pick zone. This is weird.

I'm not sure what it is but I know that there is for sure a difference for me. I tried it again lastnight and I could barely keep up in the exact same place I normally kill in a non pick zone. In the pick zone it's a beating, in the non pick zone I never have to stop to med cause of mana and there is a nice delay between kills which allows my whole group to stay fully buffed and med but in the pick zone I constantly have to stop to med and things like leech touch and thought leech are needed. Never use them in the non pick zone. This is weird.
What zone? what camp? what mobs are you killing?

Great Divide, and just killing screamers to the south of the Orfur ph's. When those mobs are taken and there is a /pick available I just go to the pick and kill them there. I'm not doing anything crazy but I know without a doubt that there is a difference for me when I go to the available pick zone. I can kill here all weekend long in the main zone but if I go to the pick if I have to then who knows how long I'll last. I know it sounds crazy. It doesn't make sense to me cause technically it should just be an exact copy of the zone on a server that you are able to access when the main zone is too full of people.

Great Divide, and just killing screamers to the south of the Orfur ph's. When those mobs are taken and there is a /pick available I just go to the pick and kill them there. I'm not doing anything crazy but I know without a doubt that there is a difference for me when I go to the available pick zone. I can kill here all weekend long in the main zone but if I go to the pick if I have to then who knows how long I'll last. I know it sounds crazy. It doesn't make sense to me cause technically it should just be an exact copy of the zone on a server that you are able to access when the main zone is too full of people.

i know this sounds dumb but are all your characters actually fighting? maybe try restarting kiss? or whatever macro you are using. You could /pick and it causes an error in the macro you are using causing one or more not to engage.

i know this sounds dumb but are all your characters actually fighting? maybe try restarting kiss? or whatever macro you are using. You could /pick and it causes an error in the macro you are using causing one or more not to engage.

ohhhhhh... good point.

Are you running mq2heals?

I think default is if you zone that it pauses the plugin. You need to issue the /heals on or /heals resume command when you finish zoning and want it to function properly again.

Doesn't sound dumb at all. I've actually had it happen where I log in and my other toons connect to eqbc then disconnect for some reason. Since they are all in the background I don't check them all from my main when I run commands to them. They all run kissassist. When I start killing and I have no help I know real fast when they aren't helping and that I have to reconnect them to eqbc.

I don't run mq2heals or mq2afnuke. Just the kissassist on all the toons. For me it usually works awesome.

Discussion - Pick zones

Users who are viewing this thread

Back