• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Pet Taunt (1 Viewer)

Hulkman

n1 have 1 cool trick?
RedCents
3,281¢
Hello,

I been trying to figure out how to make and keep Pet taunt on at all times. When I press the taunt button, it switches back to guard after killing the mob encounter. I did try to alter INI files but with no luck.

Any ideas on what controls this and what line item can change this ?

Hello,

I been trying to figure out how to make and keep Pet taunt on at all times. When I press the taunt button, it switches back to guard after killing the mob encounter. I did try to alter INI files but with no luck.

Any ideas on what controls this and what line item can change this ?
for what automation?

you didn't say and you didn't post anywhere that might indicate

if you're asking about kissassist you can adjust the pet taunt override option

PetTauntOverride=0/1 defaults to 0. Change the entry to =1 to allow for the manual control of pet taunting.

The Automation is MQ2 using INI files, puller or non-puller role, same thing happens

Standard MQ2 - not sure exactly what Automation means
MacroQuest (no2) is the platform that many things operate on. With MacroQuest there are a number of popular automation suites including, but not limited to:

kissassist
muleassist
rgmercs
entropy
modbot
xgen
cwtn class plugins
mq2melee
mq2afnuke
mq2heals
etc

did you see the bit about kiss and override?

if you're asking about kissassist you can adjust the pet taunt override option

PetTauntOverride=0/1 defaults to 0. Change the entry to =1 to allow for the manual control of pet taunting.

Ok thanks

It is /mac kiss assist, it is the only thing I use and know.

I do not see that line item in My INI file, can I add it anywhere under the pet commands section or it needs to be in a certain order ?

Ok thanks

I do not see that line item in My INI file, can I add it anywhere under the pet commands section or it needs to be in a certain order ?
kissassist is one of the things i listed, yes. that would be what automation you're using

kiss update notes said:
Added new entry in the [Melee] section. You can now override the macro's control of pet taunting. PetTauntOverride=0/1 defaults to 0. Change the entry to =1 to allow for the manual control of pet taunting.

looks like it needs to be under the [Melee] section

I hope you meant /mac kissassist assist and not an edited custom version that you are doing /mac kiss - you will want to make sure you are using the updated kissassist by starting the correct macro

I am using exactly "/mac Kissassist" is there a difference between that and "/mac Kissassist assist" ?
you wrote
probably why he responded with that sentence

here are the different ways to start from https://www.redguides.com/wiki/KissAssist#Starting_KissAssist

/mac kissassist [KissRole] [AssistsName] [AssistHealth%]

Example:

/mac kissassist assist Bob
/mac kissassist assist Bob 98
/mac kissassist puller BobTank
/mac kissassist tank

Question - Pet Taunt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back